Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone gone for the rubber mats? I've always had carpet ones but I find them difficult to keep clean so considering rubber, but I'm worried they might look a bit naff in such a smart interior. If you've gone for the rubber ones how do they look, are you happy with them?

·
Registered
408 Posts
They have the lip round them for the front ones so fit really well, the back you don't really see. I'm a practical person so I chose them to protect the car, and easier to wash! :thumb:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I`ve bought a cheap set of rubber ones, i swap them round in the winter and use the carpet ones in the summer.
Sounds like an extravagant plan lol ! I see there are 2 different sets of carpet mats Peugeot sell for this car so maybe I'll pick up the cheaper version of those along with the rubber ones. Not sure what the difference is between the carpet mats...

·
Registered
544 Posts
They are a great fit, you will be pleased!
Mine is an Allure too and I opted for the rubber ones for exactly the same reason as Jill (perhaps it's a Jill thing;)). My dealer gives a complementary set of carpet mats when you buy a car (unless they're already provided obviously) and they cost £30. I preferred the rubber ones but they are around £50 so they agreed to provide the rubber ones and I was to pay the £20 difference.

Since my car got damaged I've been given my £20 back so I got mine for free. Mmm, weigh up the difference - perfect car and mats for £20 against damaged car and free mats. No contest! :nono:

I think the quality of the rubber ones is excellent and as Jill says they do fit very well. Personally I think the carpet ones soon look shabby but the rubber ones come up like new when washed. My rubber mats have 3008 written on them whereas the carpet ones they showed me didn't. My Qashqai didn't come with mats either so I bought a set from eBay. They weren't the cheapy ones and were supposed to be car specific but Ive spent the whole 3 years pulling them back from under the pedals every time I get in the car. Nah!

Reactions: Jill

·
Registered
544 Posts
Aww thank you for your support. Reading your messages has made me decide to ring the dealer's for an update especially as we've now got the weekend and Monday is a Bank Holiday. I'm just waiting for him to ring me back, hopefully with good news!

I've told them that I'm picking it up on Wednesday afternoon and the last I heard was that it was pushing it because of the Bank Holiday. Rubbish! If they'd started it when they received it 10 days ago then they wouldn't have had to worry about May Day. Not my problem!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.