Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I bought a second hand 307 2004 model. Some of the rubber on the steering wheel has come off, I was wondering if there was anything I could do to fix it?

Also most of the plastic where the window switch is scratched and dinted, anyway to fix it

Thanks

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Seems to be a common problem - mine was the same.

I replaced mine with a leather steering wheel from a higher spec car. Easy job - one bolt holds the wheel on.

Before this I tried the 'sew on' type steering wheel cover - which did look good - but you have to take some time to make sure that if fits properly.

Avoid those covers that simply slot over the wheel - they look awful and make the drive unpleasant.

You could try colour coding (painting) the other trim - there's some examples of how to do it on this forum.

I got my steering wheel from e-bay.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Not much to see really - it looks like the pic - but the leather coating is fine. If you get one from fleabay - look carefully at the picture - and try to get one from a low mileage car.

Mine came with the airbag - which threw up a fault - so I used the old airbag.

Easy to remove - google it - there are some pics showing how to remove - search on this forum - for the size of the torx bit to use - as usual its not a normal bolt head for the wheel.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
By higher spec - I meant it was a leather covered steering wheel - I replaced the naff rubber one. They look the same otherwise :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts