Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I have a 2013 Peugeot SW 2.0l 140HP and I made a mistake.
When I wanted to update maps in my, Peugeot 508 SW I forgot the fact that I have to keep the engine on. I turned off the engine and that the RT6 system was damaged. I am looking for the RT6 soft to install again, but I couldn't find it. I tried some applications that I found on the internet, but the car system shows CRC error on media. The system works but, from time to time the navigation dies and every time I hit a pit the system dies and I can't see anything. Moreover, the radio isn't running also. Does anyone know what should I do? I know where the card sd is, but I don't know what should I do to repair the system.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I had the same issue.. Basically, you have two options:

1- take it to dealers and ask them for a software update including BSI update (would charge around an hours labour)
2- buy software CD yourself and then update the configuration to fix the Bluetooth echo via mirascript (cd costs a tenner)

I went down option 2, the update took place very easily (remember to unpair your Bluetooth devices beforehand)

hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
945 Posts
There is a setting in the BSI which needs to be configured after the new update.

So you either go to the dealer or use the mirascript. The system will function fine without the BSI update however the Bluetooth call quality will be very poor with bad echo

·
Registered
583 Posts
You said including BSI update which implied they would do BSI software update. Still, BSI has nothing to do with what you described.

What he needs after update is calibration and that is for the RT6 itself, you don't touch BSI. Calibration is required when software subversion is changed, for example going from 2.7x to 2.8x , but going from 2.80 to 2.86 for example will not require calibration.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Calibration is done on BSI. I have done it myself.

·
Registered
583 Posts
No it is not. You need official Diagbox for it, and Download section in BSI is only for BSI itself.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
945 Posts
Would like to disagree... and we are going round in circle adding no value. Think you and I are saying the same thing.. Calibration can only be done on official Diagbox which needs to connected to Internet thay downloads and installs the calibration file onto the BSI. Hence my suggestion to use mirascript in absence of official connected Diagbox which only dealer will have.

Your point about it nothing to do with BSI is wrong.

@bolbandrei let us know how you get on..

·
Registered
583 Posts
You are obviously mixing things up. The fact you can do it with MiraScript is proving my point.

RT6 is a separate unit and you calibrate it, not the BSI, and MiraScript is doing modifications on RT6 itself, not in the BSI.

My point remains, it has nothing to do with BSI. I worked with official Diagbox and I know what I'm talking about. When doing calibration, you won't go in the BSI section, you will go in the Telematics, choose RT6 and do the calibration. Calibration fill will be downloaded into RT6 not into BSI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts