Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Very occasionally my rt6 unit just goes blank and then reboots. Works fine otherwise.

Is this a sign of impending expense or could it be something simple like a relay?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

·
Registered
327 Posts
This is where the system is crashing and then reboots.

It does happen from time to time - I used to see it happen once a month I guess.

I also had one that started to do it constantly and had to be replaced under warranty. I had to wait 6 weeks for the replacement to arrive.
I was told that they were very expensive to replace outside of warranty.

I don't think that a BSI reset would make any difference at all.

Short answer - I don't think there is anything you can do about it... but if you are under warranty then absolutely report it so that it is noted on your service receipt, which may aid you with a replacement if needed later on.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information.

Warranty long gone unfortunately.

Looks like the software is stored on an sd card. Thinking it might be wise to pop it out and clone the sd card in case that fails or gets corrupted. When I get the chance I will take a look.

Won't help if the hardware fails but for the time and money could be worth doing.

Thanks again.

Andy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Try to change (and clone) SD card. On my RT6 SD card was corrupted. You have to dismantle the console, take out the head unit and then take apart the unit, SD card is kind of hidden in the unit, there is no slot unfortunately.
After changing SD card and latest firmware (2.86) my RT6 works great. Calibration was needed too, because my previous firmware was 2.21.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hi
I want to change my internal sd card from 4 gig to 16 gig. Not sure how to do the cloning , is there any fairly easy instructions out there to be had . Thanks
this... but it's in French :D use google translate

Reactions: Sigor

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the problem with re-starting rt6 every 20 sec.
I have cloned my sd-card but the new clone behave exactly the same (start directly on the second radio station and no boot with Peugeot logo)

Where can I find another clone of sd-card, version doesn't matter! Somewhere on the net, someone who can send it to me?

Or do you think the rt6 need to be replaced (cost appr 1600 EUR)

Have 508SW GT with Navi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.