Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
I am trying to help someone I know installing the latest updates available for his RCZ. He's got a RT6 headunit and we already installed the 2.86 fw version and the radars/speed cameras. But, when it comes to install the newest maps (2020-1), it happens as follows: he tried to install the German maps and, after a really long while (i think he said something about 70minutes), the upgrading process seemed to be complete but the error message "media incomplete or damaged" (in German "Quelle beschädigt oder unvollständig) appeared. He successfully installed the maps for central Europe and Benelux as he tried with smaller maps. A second try with the German maps and 70min later he just gave up. He used a 8Gb FAT32 USB Stick for everything (firmware, radars and maps) so it cannot be a problem of the stick.

Any ideas at all? I am quite desperate...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Since he already installed central Europe and Benelux, it's possible he does not have enough space on internal SD card for German maps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That could be the case but he tried to install the German maps first. After failing, he tried Benelux and central Europe to test, if there was an error with the stick. According to him, the maps have never been upgraded so I guess, there should be enough free space.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Maybe those maps are corrupted somehow. But, internal SD card is not so big, only 8GB, so there is not much room and maps grow bigger which each release. He should also try to delete old German maps from the navigation.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is the same file I used to install the maps ok my SMEG, so they work 100%. I asked him about deleting maps but it seems as if the RT6 system does not offer this option?

He updated France already without problems.

Is there any hint about this "source incomplete or damaged" alert? Maybe someone had it already an it is just a matter of waiting a couple of minutes? He told me, this message appeared and dissapeared within seconds.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update! He used a second USB-Key (8GB, FAT32 16kb) und it worked, all of a sudden... These RT6 systems are quite random :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts