Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy Folks,

The RT6 in my 2012 GT has died... every 15 seconds I get a brief flash of the Peugeot logo and some whiring sounds can be heard, and then repeat - constantly.

The RT6 is obviously trying to boot/start-up, but is very sick and doesn't manage to do so.

My dealer is very busy, but managed to do a quick assessment which means that they are now waiting on advise from Peugeot.

Meanwhile, I am without sound, sat nav, a clock and parking sensors - and have a big road trip next week for 1,000km+ - so this is a real pain!!

It is interesting to now learn how often I try to see the time...

Listening with headphones is not comfortable for long periods.

My portable MP3 speakers are crap and even though the 508 is whisper quiet, I need to buy something better!

No satnav!! Disaster... thank heavens for Google Maps! (Which is miles better than the RT6 anyway - shame its not on the big screen though)

No parking sensors! This is also a suprising disaster. I have got very lazy and will almost certainly bash the wall at work or the bench in the garage at home at some point, as I have now just learned that I have been relying 100% on the beeping to let me know when to stop! Hopefully I can learn to park again before crunching anything.

Hopefully Peugeot will have a replacement RT6 out to my dealer prompto... no idea at this point as to how long it will take though, which is a shame.

:( :( :( :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Antony. Sorry to hear you're RT6 has bit the dust. Mine (in the 3008) is chugging along just fine (touch wood).

How old is the 508? Will be interested to see the turn around time for the dealer to fix this for you. My guess is they don't have a lot of RT6s lying around in Oz.

Hope you get it sorted quickly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Pete... mine is 14 months old, 37,000km - truly great car ...we all know that the RT6 is not perfect, but hopefully I will get some news tomorrow as to when I will see a replacement unit...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hi Antony508,

I don't want to p*ss on your greens but I do believe Peugeot France are on their annual 6 week summer holidays at the factory so don't hold your breath for a quick replacement!!
Anyway my sympathy is with you. I had my RT6 changed out and it still took 18 days to get the new one. We're only a few miles from France here in the UK.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If Peugeot put Le Grande Vacance ahead of my listening and navigation pleasures then I will be most upset! I am sure that their parts department still functions as normal though... surely the French wouldnt close everything down do they? :eek:

Now that I think about it some more, maybe they do!! :confused:

But Peugeot have zillions of vehicles around the world, some of which cough and splutter from time to time and need extra TLC - so I am sure that I wont be waiting for their holidays to come to an end... we shall soon see! :)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hi Antony,

Sorry to tell you I told you so!!

Pug France are on their summer holls...

Your dealer won't tell you that either.

Grumpy.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They didnt mention the French August holidays, but they did say that if the car was off of the road due to a fault, then the replacement part would arrive sooner - but since it is still driveable, it could take three weeks.

Ah well... but I would have expected better service for one of their top models that is trying hard to establish itself in Australia.

I'd be happy to pay the $75 air-freight costs myself if that was an option! :)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hi Antony,

Here's a story for you....

A few years ago I needed a airbag ECU for an 807. They told me I couldn't have the car back as it posed a danger both to me and the public in case the airbags went off while driving. This happened in the Pug "summer holidays" period and I was told it could be up to 6 weeks before I got the ECU sent over from France!!
I offered to pop over the Channel for a day trip to collect one from them but they wasn't having any of it.
Anyway, I stamped my feet and spat my dummy out as you can imagine and the dealer agreed to take one out of another 807 he had on his forecourt. This fixed my problem and my relationship with the dealer was cemented from there on.
The new ECU turned up 33 days after order.

Grumpy.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How disappointing, my appointment to have RT6 replaced tomorrow was cancelled this morning as the replacement unit has not arrived... the new ETA is mid September!

..so that means it will take 6 to 7 weeks.... what a shocker!

This is not the way to treat a customer of a $50K new car... Peugeot could have used this as an opportunity to shine, but instead they have decided to do the exact opposite.

Even if it were completely impossible to have done any better in getting a replacement part made available, the very least that they could have done would have been to give me a call and to reassure me that they were doing their very best and to thank me for being a customer.

Ah well... :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got to pick up my 508 GT with "fixed" RT6 today... after 6 or 7 weeks of waiting.

Great to have sound and sat-nav running again, plus those parking sensors too!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I assume you eventually got your new RT6. Mine needed replacing within 1st 3 months of buying from new and now 2 years later exactly the same thing. No response from the Media centre. Waiting for a call from my dealer to speak to them about it. Not expecting any miracles just expect to have to go through the same rigmarole as last time 3 visits to the dealer until they get authorisation to fit a new unit and then the long wait for the new unit to come.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey, that is very bad luck... what a shame and frustration.

My replacement unit has been 99% fine so far - but a couple of times I have heard it hick-up on start...; what I mean is that I can hear the disk or a fan whirup and then stop, and the start again and then the screen then comes to life.

Usually it just comes to life without me noticing the whirring - so something is possibly not quiet right... maybe my replacement unit will fail again too in the future and I will have another 6 to 8 weeks with no media :(

When I had my problem before I would hear the whiring and see a flash of the Peugeot logo on screen, and then constantly repeat... which is why I start to panic when I have heard it happen just a few times since.

The car is still very good though :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
To anyone having this kind of problem, the fault is in the micro sd card in the RT6 unit. You have to pull out the RT6 out and change the card with new one. Use 8gb or 16gb sandisk preferably (dont know why other cards fail). Dont put it in the pc (because of system volume information windows adds to the root, causes problems during update procedure in the car), use a new one freshly opened from the package, during firmware upgrade RT6 will format it by itself and install necessary files. Download latest firmware for your car and put it on usb stick (remove system volume information file), start the car and put usb in, RT6 will automatically recognize usb and start flashing procedure. Be patient, procedure lasts around 30 mins. Keep the engine running the whole time and dont drive the car or press any buttons during upgrade.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts