Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I don't know much about cars and the right terms so bare with me please.
I used to plug a USB drive in my car to listen to music, it was all fine until one day the screen stopped working, it just went black and no radio no music, not even the sensors alerts, only that sound you get when you need to adjust the air of the tires.

When i unplugged the flash drive and restarted the car, the screen started working again. After a while ( maybe my brother put the flash drive in it again and then took it out, i'm not sure ) it stopped working, there was no flash drive plugged in at the time.

The screen was all black as usual, my dad unplugged the battery and re-plugged it, started the car, and the screen worked ! But it stopped working after a while and the battery trick didnt work anymore.

So we started getting this message on the screen " Please Insert Upgrade CD/DVD " at the time we didnt have it, so we had to order it from France ( cause my country is so pathetic they dont have the CD ) by the time the Upgrade CD arrived, that message was gone. We tried to put the CD in, but it would instantly come out.

The Peugeot companies, Homes, or what ever you call'em, in my country said that they cant fix it since it wont take the CD, so we have to get a new RT5 and screen system and throw the old one away.

Does anyone know any other way ? any suggestions or ideas would be great !

Thank you !

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hello,

I don't know much about cars and the right terms so bare with me please.
I used to plug a USB drive in my car to listen to music, it was all fine until one day the screen stopped working, it just went black and no radio no music, not even the sensors alerts, only that sound you get when you need to adjust the air of the tires.

When i unplugged the flash drive and restarted the car, the screen started working again. After a while ( maybe my brother put the flash drive in it again and then took it out, i'm not sure ) it stopped working, there was no flash drive plugged in at the time.

The screen was all black as usual, my dad unplugged the battery and re-plugged it, started the car, and the screen worked ! But it stopped working after a while and the battery trick didnt work anymore.

So we started getting this message on the screen " Please Insert Upgrade CD/DVD " at the time we didnt have it, so we had to order it from France ( cause my country is so pathetic they dont have the CD ) by the time the Upgrade CD arrived, that message was gone. We tried to put the CD in, but it would instantly come out.

The Peugeot companies, Homes, or what ever you call'em, in my country said that they cant fix it since it wont take the CD, so we have to get a new RT5 and screen system and throw the old one away.

Does anyone know any other way ? any suggestions or ideas would be great !

Thank you !
I think the screens are common to fail in these

C

·
0 Posts
If it's got a hard drive it could be failing/failed.

Another common issue on rt4/5.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Is it a problem with the screen?

Or is it a problem with the system not booting?

(My RT4 once failed to boot. The screen stayed black but the backlight was on.)

If it's failing to boot then replacing the hard drive and re-installing the software (there are links on here to download the software CD) may fix it. However, after installing the system needs to be configured using PP2k and there are a lot of settings -- this is why it's recommended to copy from the old disc to the new one.

·
5,861 Posts
I am sure there was a tread on here with a similar problem and a system reset by pressing two buttons on the bottom of the unit fixed the issue

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am sure there was a tread on here with a similar problem and a system reset by pressing two buttons on the bottom of the unit fixed the issue
Can you give me the link of the thread or explain it a little bit more please ?
thanks !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts