Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

My RT5 recently stopped working and I had to use the upgrade CD to fix it.
The Problem is that the display is all messed up now, the screen is divided to to 4 small displays separated by dark blanks. the other problem is that when i turn the radio on it starts beeping non stop while the music is playing. I'll post a video of it so you can understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Dh3VAXZBI

In the video I turned the volume down so you can just hear the beeping.

Can you help me with this ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I'd expect to hear that noise if it needed coding to the car.

I'm guessing that the upgrade has somehow messed up or wiped the settings and it needs to be re-configured. This would be a pp2k job, and there are dozens of settings :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd expect to hear that noise if it needed coding to the car.

I'm guessing that the upgrade has somehow messed up or wiped the settings and it needs to be re-configured. This would be a pp2k job, and there are dozens of settings :(
well, I don't know a lot about this, so whats a pp2k ? How do you re-configure it ?
I know this might sound stupid but, couldn't I just try all the settings until one works ?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
pp2k, or rather Peugeot Planet 2000 is the dealer diagnostic tool that lets you plug your laptop into the car to read and clear fault codes and change settings that aren't available through the meus (and to mess it all up completely).

There's a map of forum members (link in my signature below) who you can contact for assistance.

A couple of months ago I replaced the hard drive in my RT4 and installed the software from scratch. On competion the system was a bit like yours. It needed configuring to the car. For example, one of the settings is to do with whether it has dual zone climate control. In the end I put the original drive back in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pp2k, or rather Peugeot Planet 2000 is the dealer diagnostic tool that lets you plug your laptop into the car to read and clear fault codes and change settings that aren't available through the meus (and to mess it all up completely).

There's a map of forum members (link in my signature below) who you can contact for assistance.

A couple of months ago I replaced the hard drive in my RT4 and installed the software from scratch. On competion the system was a bit like yours. It needed configuring to the car. For example, one of the settings is to do with whether it has dual zone climate control. In the end I put the original drive back in.
The problem is that I live in Tunisia, and no one knows how to fix it, when the RT5 first stopped working they said I'd have to replace the whole thing.

Any advice ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts