Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to fit the homemade usb cable, but it seems that stereo is not recognizing the stick. I tried 16GB stick, but without any luck, usb option is still greyed out.

What sizes are compatible with this head unit?

·
Registered
893 Posts
I think it's 4gb as it needs formatting as FAT. It's not the size of the stick that's important but more the filesystem. I use a 2Gb without problems that I've had for years. This system was never designed to have USB support, it was meant for diagnostics as it was only the outdated USB version 1.1

·
Registered
254 Posts
Finally someone also trying to install a usb cable...My friend for almost a year i am trying. Did you update the firmware ? Then you need to activate it with Diagbox.
If not forget it...You need to update to a certain version with Mira Scripts. If you did ...tell us how and what you did.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had to postpone an usb idea, as I found out that I have RT3 Evo head unit. I thought only RT4 came with jukebox and no navigation cd.. Plus my menu is circular as well.

I have managed to enable usb option with mirascript, but as I've mentioned it was greyed out same as cd changer, because I don't have it in the boot.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I also have the RT 3 EVO with no cd and with hdd . But i never managed to get it right. And to be honest im a bit scared using Mira Scripts..
I bought the advised french USB cable so its the one one for this radio...but no luck. It doesn't even see it.
On several comments the problem is we need to find the correct interface so we can install an aftermarket unit so we can have a updated GPS and all the goodies we like to have in ours cars.I also read that the last update for our gps date from 2016.
Another idea im working on it. To install a 7inch double din on top of the dash above the central air vent and use the speakers from the car so leaving the factory unit just for the car systems.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a full tutorial on how to activate with mirascript, I could use PPplanet, but xp license on my vma ran out that day, but I wanted to activate ASAP, to build a cable.

I will try again, with a different 4GB sticks, due my shift pattern I am unable to try everything for now.

If someone wants to build a usb adapter himself, then I advise to use parking ECU PSA connector, I had one spare. So I've used it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

And after reboot repeat steps 1-3 and should be an option to change usb from 0 to 1

·
Registered
254 Posts
Many thanks
This is mirascripts or firmware?
The reason for my questions is....you need to have a certain firmware for mira scripts to change the settings...right?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update.
Everything is working now. (My date is out, I know it. Head unit has been disconnected, so date resets)

Works with 4,8,16,32,64GB sticks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts