Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.
I'm looking for some help with my Sat Nav head unit...
When I bought the car earlier this year, the radio/cd kept "rebooting" (that's the only way I can think of describing it.

Anyway, it was sent for repair and when it came back, things seemed fine - for a while. The "rebooting" came back and recently, on a long(ish) journey, after rebooting several times, it didn't come back on :mad: At the same time, the mileage readings on the dash display changed to read Km instead of miles :mad:

Anyone experienced this before? Any ideas what's going on here?

The car's a 2007 2.2HDI Sport. I've also replaced the fuse in the back of the head unit - no change.

I'd be grateful for any help you guys can offer.

Cheers,

Fraser

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I think so. I don't think it is a problem with the head unit. I guess I'll need to starting hunting for fuses etc.

Cheers,

Fraser

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dead RT4

Ok, it would appear that my RT4 unit is dead :(. What are the options - apart from the obvious?

Just a few questions ....

How easy is it to downgrade to the non-sat nav unit?
What are there wiring implications?
What about the CD changer?
How do I get it recoded to my car - and at what cost? :eek:

If anyone out there can give me some help/advice, I'd be extremely grateful.

Cheers,

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ok, it would appear that my RT4 unit is dead :(. What are the options - apart from the obvious?

Just a few questions ....

How easy is it to downgrade to the non-sat nav unit?
What are there wiring implications?
What about the CD changer?
How do I get it recoded to my car - and at what cost? :eek:

If anyone out there can give me some help/advice, I'd be extremely grateful.

Cheers,
I was going to a friend witch happens to have PP, he told me that it is really easy to downgrade.. Why ? i don't know, cd changer will stay, even if u have RD4 correct me if i am frong, from my knowledge big QUADLOCK conector is same ;)
But you will need more wires for the display, what about buying new RT3 unit ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi there.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've been looking at the RD units and thought I'd need a different connection. Also not sure about which of the current RT4 connections would be required for the RD?

Looking at the RT3 - of which there seem to be more of for sale - there seem to be fewer, different connections?

Totally confused now:(

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sorry i meant RT4, not RT3, RT4 has hardrive that can read maps, and rt3 need a cd to be inside the radio for navi to work, i dont know about wires, but i think that it should be same.. You could google RT4 conector diagram, maybe they are same..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've just had a look at the RT3. Apparently the RT3 has a different screen (fibre optic) so I'd need a new screen too. I think it will have to be either another RT4 ($$$$$$) or downgrade to an RD unit?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well if you ask me, the best thing would be to see what would be cheeper, and make sure if you do change to rt3 i belive you will need can unit and not van, but im not su sure in that, best thing would be to check. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've just had a look at the RT3. Apparently the RT3 has a different screen (fibre optic) so I'd need a new screen too. I think it will have to be either another RT4 ($$$$$$) or downgrade to an RD unit?
hey there, i bought my 407 with the old rd4 unit,you car may not be downgrade able as the rd4 has its own dedicated connectors.
the only upside is the rt3 will work and on ebay you almost always get the scren and unit together, also even a faulty RT4 goes for a lot on ebay

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
iYeah, there are way too many variations on the connections for my liking, lol. I've managed to pick up another RT4 the same as mine (£££). Just need to get it VIN coded now.
Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts