Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, hoping that you could possible shed some light on a couple of issues ?

I have a 407SW Gt Multimedia (57 Plate), it has the RT4 multimedia system installed and I have noticed :

1/ The SatNav loses itself, this happens about 3 times a week, i cover on average 1000 miles a week. when it loses itself it can take some times in the region of 30 minutes to find the correct road I am on. :confused:

2/ The phone sometimes is disabled and says PIN or PUK code incorrectly entered, when in fact i have never been asked to enter either of these, i just normally insert my sim card and the phone works. :mad:

3/ Sometimes the whole system shuts down and restarts after 30 seconds.:mad:

4/ Since owning the car since 22/11/07 I have had a message displayed on the screen saying " Assistance call service downgraded" and the SOS button/light flashes :confused: , what does this mean ?

I guess that all of the above require that the system is updated with the latest version of software is this true ?

Also would it be possible to upgrade the SatNav software so that I could use 7 digit postcodes instead of the current 5 digit ? and could speed cameras be included in the maps, like Tom Tom ?

Many thanks for reading this and any help would be appreciated

Liam

·
Registered
972 Posts
liam_1974 said:
Hi everyone, hoping that you could possible shed some light on a couple of issues ?

I have a 407SW Gt Multimedia (57 Plate), it has the RT4 multimedia system installed and I have noticed :

1/ The SatNav loses itself, this happens about 3 times a week, i cover on average 1000 miles a week. when it loses itself it can take some times in the region of 30 minutes to find the correct road I am on. :confused:

2/ The phone sometimes is disabled and says PIN or PUK code incorrectly entered, when in fact i have never been asked to enter either of these, i just normally insert my sim card and the phone works. :mad:

3/ Sometimes the whole system shuts down and restarts after 30 seconds.:mad:

4/ Since owning the car since 22/11/07 I have had a message displayed on the screen saying " Assistance call service downgraded" and the SOS button/light flashes, what does this mean ?

I guess that all of the above require that the system is updated with the latest version of software is this true ?

Also would it be possible to upgrade the SatNav software so that I could use 7 digit postcodes instead of the current 5 digit ? and could speed cameras be included in the maps, like Tom Tom ?

Many thanks for reading this and any help would be appreciated

Liam
point 1 - you need to go in the satnav settings and look for the GPS receiver settings.. what readings can you see ??

point 2, 3 & 4 relate to a software issue.. have you jump started the car recently ? has the battery been drained ?? a PSA update will resolve these issues..

you can buy up to date map cd's but what you are exactly after is the new iTMC function.. now I had a chat with one of the girls in Navteq and she said that their Discs have the iTMC functionallity on it, however PSA have not sold the rights and therefore they dont install or enable this function the car.. which should able to point any traffic alerts or speed cameras.. so no luck there bigman..

I hope this helps..:thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Scotcruz said:
point 1 - you need to go in the satnav settings and look for the GPS receiver settings.. what readings can you see ??

point 2, 3 & 4 relate to a software issue.. have you jump started the car recently ? has the battery been drained ?? a PSA update will resolve these issues..

you can buy up to date map cd's but what you are exactly after is the new iTMC function.. now I had a chat with one of the girls in Navteq and she said that their Discs have the iTMC functionallity on it, however PSA have not sold the rights and therefore they dont install or enable this function the car.. which should able to point any traffic alerts or speed cameras.. so no luck there bigman..

I hope this helps..:thumb:
I also had the symptoms mentioned in points 2,3 and 4 and when my garage did the software upgrade they found the unit appeared to have a fault which prevented the upgrade completing and no way back. Ended up with the screen displaying "PLEASE INSERT UPGRADE CD". I'm going to get the unit replaced to fix this as I've got no radio, CD, phone, Sat Nav or parking sensor sounds and the odometer and trip are in default kilometers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts