Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately the drive for the SAT NAV stopped a few weeks ago and now the unit has stopped also, had it checked out and was told the main board was gone!!!!!!!!!

Gutted at losing the central display more than anything, so is possible to

1. To replace the unit with another RT3 unit with another one
  2. or upgrade the unit to a later one with Bluetooth

I would particularly like to get some more modern connectivity such as Bluetooth ( & USB if possible) so would a later unit connect easily and to my main central display.

Thanks.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
you dont say what car you have but problem is there are a few versions of these and some can be swapped some cannot you certainly cannot just fit the latest versions as network settings are different

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I forgot to add that info.

My car is 2004 (pre facelift) Peugeot 307 SW 1.6 Hdi (110) SE.

I do believe it runs on a VAN Bus system.

As mentioned it has the RT3 unit with colour screen. It has all the optional extras such as climate , auto wipers and reverse sensors if that makes any difference also.

Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK I thought so.

Would another RT3 unit be plug and play or would it need coding to my vehicle.

·
5,673 Posts
It will need VIN coding to your vehicle.

Even though they do not list it as compatible you can make up a custom lead to connect a parrot bluetooth to an RT3 that's what i did on my old 307

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks.

Interesting about the Parrot Bluetooth. Have you a link to the cable in question and was it a matter of finding what wires to connect it to.

·
5,673 Posts
I modified my own lead. I will look in the garage when i get a min as i may still have it as i think i sold the parrot without it.

One of the main changes was to use the glovebox lamp feed to supply the switched live to the parrot so it switched as soon as the ign was switched off as the normal feed stays live until the bsi shuts down meaning you had to wait for it to shut down if you wanted to take the parrot head unit out of the car

·
Registered
17 Posts
Another interesting post.:thumb:

Our 307 has a Parrot MKi9200 fitted which switches on & off with the ignition & it does take a few seconds to disconnect.

When I replace the blower speed module I'll have to remove the glove box so from what you say I'll find the Parrot unit somewhere behind there.

The audio connecting leads are in the glove box.

I'll need to be a bit careful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts