Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a neewbie 307cc owner and I'm trying to update my RT3 system software from 5.41 to the latest version so I can run the latest maps. It seems people say it can be done, but when ever I try to follow the links they no longer work?
can someone point me in the right direction please...!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I'm a neewbie 307cc owner and I'm trying to update my RT3 system software from 5.41 to the latest version so I can run the latest maps. It seems people say it can be done, but when ever I try to follow the links they no longer work?
can someone point me in the right direction please...!!!

Thanks
samething

i need to update the software to fit the new map cd but i dont know how to update the software and all links is no longer working ...

Unit reference 9656301277

screen reference 9656303580

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you know which update version your after?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

yes when i bought the 2013 map cd from navteq they said:

MPORTANT: Only compatible with correct software version.
How do you know if you have the correct software version?
1) Switch the power on
2) Hold down the MENU button until you get the extended menu
3) Select DEVICE DESCRIPTION
4) The software version will then appear
If your software version exceeds 5.5 or 6.6 then your software has been upgraded. If your system software has not been upgraded we advise you to contact your dealer today.

my car is : Peugeot 607 2.2 HDi SE 4dr Tip Auto Diesel Saloon 2005 .. RT3 sat\nav

this is my software screen

·
6,425 Posts
If you are 100% sure you have the VAN version of RT3 I have uploaded the 5.52 update files in zip format (link below). The zip is not an iso file it is a disc copy. You need to use nero or other CD burning software to create a data disc with the files in the zip use a good quality CD-R as the RT3 is fussy about the discs

When you come to update have the engine running (to stop econ mode) and remove the sim card if fitted (a incoming call during update will brick RT3). The disc will auto eject and reload 2-3 times during the update.

RT3 552 Update zip

·
Registered
7 Posts
Trouble is it ain't showing software version in the pic like in this attachment
yeah its weird .. i followed this

1) Switch the power on
2) Hold down the MENU button until you get the extended menu
3) Select DEVICE DESCRIPTION
4) The software version will then appear

and this is the only screen i got no numbers nothing?? what do you think? can't we know from the car model? or anything else?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,
Mine does shown as 5.41, and definitely need the update. I believe this makes mine a VAN if that is correct? Will that zip file work for me also?

Thanks

·
6,425 Posts
Yes if VAN (eg 5.XX software version) this will update to 5.52 software for use with new maps.

·
6,425 Posts
Found ISO images if anyone needs them for both VAN & CAN RT3.

As above burn to good quality CD-R and use imageburn/nero etc. Insert disc with engine running and sim card removed disc will auto eject/load 2-3 times during update

VAN 5.52 Update ISO

CAN 6.63 Update ISO

·
Registered
15 Posts
rt3 software update

hi i have a 2003 citroen c8 with van bus rt3 i think i got a bad download is there any way of reinstalling the software you have put here ie force the rt3 to reinstal

also have heard people say burn at slowest sped poss but not sure how to as i only use windows file burn with sony cdr's

any advice please as everything works except put cd in mp3 or genuine cd and time track counter move but no sound ok in changer though also wont read maps

·
Registered
23 Posts
Windy, is that file shared anywhere else? the download site wouldn't let me past the captcha and after about 4 attempts, told me I had exceeded my limit (now it wont let me even try to download it).

·
6,425 Posts
Windy, is that file shared anywhere else? the download site wouldn't let me past the captcha and after about 4 attempts, told me I had exceeded my limit (now it wont let me even try to download it).
I do not have it anywhere else you could try google to see if anyone else has uploaded or if you want to PM me I can send a disc in the post if needed

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you are 100% sure you have the VAN version of RT3 I have uploaded the 5.52 update files in zip format (link below). The zip is not an iso file it is a disc copy. You need to use nero or other CD burning software to create a data disc with the files in the zip use a good quality CD-R as the RT3 is fussy about the discs

When you come to update have the engine running (to stop econ mode) and remove the sim card if fitted (a incoming call during update will brick RT3). The disc will auto eject and reload 2-3 times during the update.

RT3 552 Update zip
Sorry to bring up old post but do I have to unzip the folder when downloaded

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Not got this system but it's safe to say you'll need to unzip the file and burn the contents to a disc. Insert the disc into the system and make sure the engine is running BEFORE starting the update and leave it running until the update has completed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Software can be found in:

https://mega.nz/#!wFhBHbia!lErwNkFOhXcmhPZAOnCIBunzNqWrtyxhTiZJxrcQF7w - RT3_(CAN)_SoftWare_663-890
https://mega.nz/#!MMJhzAAB!IrRSxUvD4WkIuRWcQLc2Sgj_0y6R-wutxIoI6EgW4s8 - RT3_(VAN)_SoftWare_552-773

Those are ISO files so you need to burn them on the CD NOT DVD disc at lover speed using for example "Nero" or "CD Burn" programs.

Start the engine, put the CD into unit and make sure you gor about 30 minute to update. Update cannot be cancelled or interrupted for any reason. CD during installation process can slide out from the unit and come back again couple times. Installation will finish when no "working noise" coming from the unit

1 - 20 of 30 Posts