Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2005 407 sw fitted with an RT3 player and the small monochrome screen.
As expected the screen is not working that great so my questions are;
Can I replace it with any small screen or does it need to have the satnav etc option?
Can I swap in the larger colour screen or would this need addition parts(other than trim surround)?

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hello,

It is going to be realy hard to find another small display..
So just go ahead, and start searching for RT3 Radio and DT screen (they usualy come together)
You will need AV conector in the glovebox, Optic fiber cable (you can buy any, it doesn't have to be peugeot original)
If you dont want to cut old 6 pin conector (i did not want to) so i just took wires from big conector behind the radio, and took +, switch and - cables from the Quadlock conector.
After that, you will need one conector (for small pins) from peugeot for screen pins, i used some idk from what it was, i think that cd charger one can do the job but im not so sure in that one, if you want AV conector you will need to put 3 more cables in part B (M) (left one) 12 Pin, you can check RD4 to RT3 topic on the forum, it has some helpfull info..
You will also have to VIN code your new Rt3 unit.

http://www.olteanucosmin.ro/rd4_to_rt3.pdf This might give you a picture of what you will have to do. that is where i got most of the thing that i needed: Wiring diagram and everything else.

Good luck with fitting your new screen :) :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks very much for your informative reply. I suspected as much when I removed the player after my post and saw there were no optical connections.

I had assumed all RT3 units were the same. silly of me!

Regards,

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts