Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have either an RT3 or 4 not sure but it has all the bells and whistles and i love it, however I haven't figured out how or what the phono (red yellow white) sockets are for in the dash.

Is it possible i could fit my samsung phone to it (with appropriate connector) as i have sky go and would love to watch it from my phone on the bigger screen in the car!

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Hi

I have either an RT3 or 4 not sure but it has all the bells and whistles and i love it, however I haven't figured out how or what the phono (red yellow white) sockets are for in the dash.

Is it possible i could fit my samsung phone to it (with appropriate connector) as i have sky go and would love to watch it from my phone on the bigger screen in the car!

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Richard,

The Red and White cables are an Audio Input. If you use an adapter like this:

Phono Adapter

You can select Aux 1 on the headunit, plug your phone in and it will play the sound through the car speakers.

Unfortunately you can't use it for video.

·
6,304 Posts
The yellow plug is composite video input. It will only show video if aux input has been enabled (can be seen as last option on menu screen) and vehicle speed is less than 5 mph

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Hi Paul thanks for your reply.

This guy on youtube has set his phone up using a few adaptors (i can find them easy enough) and his next video shows him using the phone on the unit.

Its a short video if you have time to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2OgcVx3sjM&feature=youtu.be

Thanks
Sorry,

Didn't spot that you said Yellow as well! As said above, Red & White are Audio leads (left and right channel) and yellow is for composite video.

You will need a phone to HDMI adapter: Link Here

A HDMI cable HDMI cable

A HDMI to Composite Converter (needs to convert the signal, not just connect the 2 wires): Link

And lastly a composite cable to connect it up with: Link

And a bit of jiggery pokery and luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
122 Posts
The red/white audio and yellow composite video connections are analogue.
I think they are designed to work with things like portable DVD players.
If you want to use a phone then you will need to convert from digital to analogue as Paul Millard says.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all so much, I needed that confirming from the video.

One bit I was stuck on, and need to make sure, the last item on Pauls list, the triple phone cable, has this lead got the 3 plugs on one end to connect to the converter, and 3 on the other end to connect to the sockets in the glove box, because it was that bit confusing me!

Best regards

·
Registered
228 Posts
Please note that MHL is not supported by majority of phones, and Samsung has a different connector for their MHL-enabled phones.

Your Samsung phone ---> (Samsung MHL cable) ---> HDMI to composite box ---> RCA cable ---> car input

ps.

Check you phone if it is using MHL 2 or MHL 3.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi

I have bought all the components listed. The bit I'm stuck on is there is a USB socket on the mhl device for power. I don't know where to attach the other end of the power USB cable to (for power). So far nothing has come on the screen.

*thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
Do you have a USB socket in the car? If not try a powerbank.

Samsung MHL adapters do not need external power anymore depending on the phone model. If you have the S4, you should be good with the white MHL adaptor.

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi. No I don't have a USB in the car but can get one of those cigar lighter chargers that have the USB slot in them. I have a galaxy note 3 .
If you can picture this, my phone, the hdmi box attached to it, this also has a USB slot and not sure if this needs power (the phone should do it I think), then the hdmi cable from this box to the hdmi/ rca converter box (this also has a USB power slot) , then the yellow white red cable from this to the unit in the glove box(with this last connection being yellow white red plus one end and red white yellow on the other).

Trouble is, both these boxes have USB slot's do I need to use both?

I can send picture if necessary.
Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi
That's exactly what I've done. I have a double cigar lighter USB adaptor and they are both for the hdmi box and rca box. There's sound coming from the speakers but no display.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi, is this the stereo with the coloured adaptors your on about located in the glove box?, and the one where you load your cd's in and it copies them to the "Jukebox" ?. If yes do you know if there's a setting to have your stored music on "playing random". I've loaded about 10 disc's in so far but it only seems to play an album at a time but would prefer it to play random.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts