Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2008 307 last year, it came with an RT3 radio/Navigation/Telephone system.

Very recently the unit will restart without prompting whilst driving. Normally this wouldn’t be a problem, but the 3 or 4 minutes taken to restart could be crucial if being guided to an unknown destination.

Does anyone have any experience with a similar issue?
Are there any tips for diagnosing and repairing this problem myself?

We have recently moved to the Netherlands and are a young family on a single income so not a lot of money to throw at repair, but I am an engineer so I am keen to try and do as much myself as possible.

·
5,618 Posts
check cooling fan(s) above unit are working (you should hear them speed up if you make a phone call) or pull out unit and check they are spinning.

Also check software verson, if its an older version it could be corrupt and a update may fix. You should find links on here or GPSunderground for the update file

·
Registered
196 Posts
Also worth trying to soft-reset it in case something got confused. With the engine running so the units on, hold in the DARK button until it reboots. If it doesn't work you haven't lost anything!

If it happens as you go over a bump maybe the cable has come loose at the back so could try pulling it out and making sure connections are tight.

EDIT: There's also a hard reset I believe, but I can't remember how you do that off the top of my head

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the tips. I can update you partially. I tried a soft reset and it crashed twice the next day. Crashes occuring on motorways - no significant bumps etc.

I think a hard reset involves disconnecting the battery? I will investigate this next and try that.

Failing that I will look to remove the unit and check connections and fans. Does anyone have the relevant pages of a Haynes manual for this I can look at?

·
5,618 Posts
Can be removed like any other DIN radio just need a couple of standard DIN keys

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I disconnected the battery following a BSI reset procedure (mainly just to be certain I had done the best I could) and have not seen the unit restart since (approx 3 weeks).

Thanks for the responses everyone.

If it starts doing it again I will remove it and poke around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts