Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have recently purchased a Peugeot 407 2005 Ex.
The car is great apart from the MW reception which has a buzzing noise on every station even with the engine switched off.
Is has been back to the dealers five times and they say there is no mare they can do!! Does anybody else have the same problem with their RT3 System? I can not beleive the reception should be so poor, as every other car I have had did not have this problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too have just purchased a 407 exec (saloon) on an 06 plate. The AM reception is non existent and there is always some interference on the FM signal. I know it's not the unit to speaker connections as the CD is fine. I would check the connections but cannot find any info as to where they are. I assume the aerial is in the rear window. Can anyone please help?

Thanks, from a virgin poster and new user!!

·
Registered
857 Posts
I too have just purchased a 407 exec (saloon) on an 06 plate. The AM reception is non existent and there is always some interference on the FM signal. I know it's not the unit to speaker connections as the CD is fine. I would check the connections but cannot find any info as to where they are. I assume the aerial is in the rear window. Can anyone please help?

Thanks, from a virgin poster and new user!!
Hi, it could be the diversity box not properly connected or faulty, this is located under the footwell ( driver side )
otherwise, chaeck the aerial leads, otherwise it could the radio card on the RT3

Regards

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
what i just said is relevant to the 307 and others with an external aerial...sounds like a crappy connection more than anything. if your FM is working (with some interferance) it proves your headunit is fine...it will be the wires or connection to back window.

this is from my knowledge of radios that i fix day to day in my job :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Still cracklin' radio

Thanks, I have checked the diversity box which appears to be connected up fine. I also checked the wires running to the back of the car and found another box under the parcel shelf. I tried another one of these units (courtesy of ebay) but it didn't make any difference. To be honest there was little difference in reception whether the box was connected to the screen or not. My 'friendly' Peugeot dealer is '90% sure' that it's the screen itself which is causing the problem. I couldn't really see this being the case unless it's a dry joint where the connectors are on the glass, until I disconnected the box with minimal loss of reception. The price for this?? £280 fitted. It seems a lot to shell out for 90% success rate! Any ideas, other than listening to the cd all the time??

I noticed there is a standard aerial lead both behind the head unit and at the rear screen. could I fit a shark fin aerial to these and do away with the rear screen aerial altogether? :confused:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Thanks, I have checked the diversity box which appears to be connected up fine. I also checked the wires running to the back of the car and found another box under the parcel shelf. I tried another one of these units (courtesy of ebay) but it didn't make any difference. To be honest there was little difference in reception whether the box was connected to the screen or not. My 'friendly' Peugeot dealer is '90% sure' that it's the screen itself which is causing the problem. I couldn't really see this being the case unless it's a dry joint where the connectors are on the glass, until I disconnected the box with minimal loss of reception. The price for this?? £280 fitted. It seems a lot to shell out for 90% success rate! Any ideas, other than listening to the cd all the time??

I noticed there is a standard aerial lead both behind the head unit and at the rear screen. could I fit a shark fin aerial to these and do away with the rear screen aerial altogether? :confused:
Hi, have you checked the aerial lead going from diversity box to the back of the RT3 ?
Before you change the rear screen you should make 100% sure,
It could also be the radio card inside the RT3, this is very likely, so my best suggestion is, ask your "friendly" dealer to test another unit first before changing the screen
Where are you based by the way ?

Regards

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cracklin' still

Sorry for late reply, been away for a bit and got cheesed off with radio.

Still same problem, all leads checked so I'm going for the screen. It's gonna be the cheapest option I reckon:)

On another note, anyone know where I can get a Sat Nav cd for France relatively cheap??

I'm based in Blackpool by the way.

Thanks everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts