Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post here any experiences/ information with the RT3 satnav/radio system fitted to 407 cars.:nod:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Speed cams

Hi,
I have a 407 sw with RT3 in,
i recently managed to update to 6.63 and have the 2007/2008 map cd with POIs and speed cams installed.
Can anyone tell me what happens when you are getting near to a speed camera, does the RT3 flash, give you an audio warning or other type of alert.
I am lucky to live in a area where there is no cams at the minute but realy need to know what happens.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
bigmike52 said:
Hi,
i recently managed to update to 6.63 and have the 2007/2008 map cd with POIs and speed cams installed.
Can anyone tell me what happens when you are getting near to a speed camera, does the RT3 flash, give you an audio warning or other type of alert.
I am lucky to live in a area where there is no cams at the minute but realy need to know what happens.

Thanks
Mike
hi may i be checky and ask how you got hold of a update only i am after an update for my pug 407 on a 04 reg any info would be most welcome.
thanks gramps50

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi can you help! i am also after a rt3 2007/2008 update for my pug 407 on a2004 reg and what is involved in doing this update so any idea,s for the best place to get one from would be agreat help
thanks

B

·
0 Posts
...quite a few appear on ebay.... worth keeping alook out and even set an email notification...

·
Registered
77 Posts
bigmike52 said:
Hi,

Thanks
Mike

love to know where to get a disk with the speed cams on, please tell

·
Registered
239 Posts
if that unit has GPS/BLUETOOTH you should be able to get it through your mobile phone then transfer it as they do with aps only guessing because I not into that.

·
Registered
77 Posts
pugbod said:
if that unit has GPS/BLUETOOTH you should be able to get it through your mobile phone then transfer it as they do with aps only guessing because I not into that.

no luetooth on the RT3, gps is all done thru its own ariel and cd

·
Registered
239 Posts
if it has an Ariel its gps related so blue-tooth is irrelevant at this stage so a scan for new systems to connect to might be worthy.

I have the parrot system and they took over 1/2 an hour to connect it plus instalation not bad for halfords:)

·
Registered
239 Posts
im very interested in this and my motor has blue tooth but having trouble installing it,

could be I need a new phone £££££

·
Registered
77 Posts
so you have an RD4 head unit, whith the small screen, and im guestimating its an orange display

has the head unit got a "TEL" button if yes, then next thing is to remove the interior light and see if theres a microphone and its wiring there

if the mic and wiring are there, then you need to remove the head unit and see if the bluetooth pack is still there

if theres no tel button, then its not OE bluetooth, if its there but no mic etc, then its probably a replacement head unit

when using the mode or tel buttons does it give you the option to pair the phone

when the later RD4 with bluetooth pack was introduced they fitted it with a small colour screen, but the later orange screens were also used on models once the later orange screen was introduced and the colour ones are few and far between and were fitted more to the coupes (the earlier orange screens fail in heat and extreme cold)

i had the RD4 with small screen, and i upgraded and modified to the RT3, this has built in phone and cd based sat nav and large 7" colour screen, the downside being it does not have bluetooth capability and unlike the RD4 you cant fit a parrot or any other aftermarket bluetooth kit, and ive always kept my tom tom sat nav for the speed cameras

·
Registered
239 Posts
carphone warehouse has a kit similar to parrot at £49.99 easy to fit but doesn't work through the car speakers but the speaker they supply is very good,

three wire simple to connect permanent live - earth - radio mute - switched live and all you see in the car is a very small rotary switch not like parrot which has a screen.

·
Registered
77 Posts
when i had my RD4 i had a nokia HFK, found it excellent, i coupled it with a mute lead from www.dashmount.co.uk the mute lead was about £20 and this does put it thru the front speakers, the nokia kit came free with a phone from the CPW so im not sure the cost of that bit, but works with all bluetooth phones, the power for the nokia HFK comes from the mute lead (it takes it from the head unit) and again all you have is a small velco attached button that turns on and off and also does volume, and the microphone which can go in the same place as the OE pug one (in the interior light) so its all concealed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts