Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please guide me where I could route a cable w.10mm plug through the firewall on a 307?
Are there any allready made access points or do I have to drill a hole in the firewall?

Going to install a coupe fan on the passenger side as a part of a DEFA heating system.

Thanks for your help!

Ivar.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Could someone please guide me where I could route a cable w.10mm plug through the firewall on a 307?
Are there any allready made access points or do I have to drill a hole in the firewall?

Going to install a coupe fan on the passenger side as a part of a DEFA heating system.

Thanks for your help!

Ivar.
Could this work, access and size wise?

Is your car LHD or RHD? Ran a DEFA wire in a very similar way in a '01 VW Polo, then under the carpet / under/behind the dash, over to the passenger side, but it would've been cleaner to have a hole on the destination side to begin with...

·
Registered
321 Posts
I needed a hole through my bulkhead to run a wire for my cruise control.
I removed the plastic cover below the windscreen under the bonnet. In there I found a small rubber bung which I pushed into the hole. I then pushed a screwdriver gently through the insulation material. Then I pushed a large cable tie through the hole and located it behind the fuse box. I then fixed the wire to the cable tie and pulled it back through the hole. I used a cable tie because I did not want to short out any of the electrics. I was very reluctant to drill a hole through the bulkhead as there are a lot of electrics behind the dash and I did not want to damage any of them.

I suspect that the hole i used will not be large enough for you but you could CAREFULLY enlarge it from the engine compartment side.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
296 Posts
Was thinking of something similar today as I sat waiting for the car to warm up and defog the interior of the windscreen
-8 according to the French computer started straight up
Do people still retro fit those MG Rover parking heaters ?
think 807's had them too ?
If there was space I would have one in the 307
I used to have an old engine heater off a fire pump oh it was toasty warm on a morning in my old transit van ... just had to remember to disconnect it before getting off the drive

they say it was good for the engine and the emissions ?
All I know it was nice .... in the winter months

1 - 4 of 4 Posts