Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I've been noticing that sometimes I get a rougher start when the car is cold. The idle fluctuates a bit and when I try to push the pedal harder (hilly region) it hesitates a few seconds after setting off (I try to keep it for 15 seconds idle to lube up everything). But after that one hesitation it starts behaving like nothing happened, no performance issues, nothing. And it happens only once every 4 - 6 cold starts and usually when not at home.

So far I found nothing wrong within Lexia. My bets are either on MAF or maybe EGR being stuck somewhat open?

It's 1.6 VTi 2009 (import aus Deutschland), plugs done about 5k km ago, timing chain either original or changed, not sure (it is due change when the pandemic calms down over here anyways) at 136k km (85k miles), service history is mostly just oil & filters & plugs & brake pads (at least until 105k, I bought the car at 116k with immediate oil change 9 months ago, topping up with 5W30 TotalQuartz as the valve stem seals are still original).

Any ideas before I go digging further? :)
Cheers
Ashley

·
8,438 Posts
I would check coolant sensor readings and if they are OK maybe worth doing an adaptives reset (follow the process detailed in planet/diagbox)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I will try it sometime this week when I have a spare minute! Out of curiosity, what does the coolant sensor reading do in terms of engine (power) management?

right now there's no problem with water or oil temperature, it warms up reasonably fast and stays in the middle of the temperature ranges - ~15 minutes driving in a city centre on 3rd/4th gear 50kph and it reaches the midpoint for water and a few minutes later for oil.

The coolant was just below min level for some time, I topped up mid way between min and max back in December and it has stayed there without any large drop.

·
8,438 Posts
If the coolant sensor is giving incorrect readings eg saying engine is warm when its cold then the mixture will be weaker than needed causing misfire or poor running

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CallMeFoxie

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so far I was unable to figure this out as it happens very sporadically now (like 1 in 10 cold starts). I wonder if it could be related to the old valve stem seals leaking oil after sitting overnight -> oil gets into the chamber -> everything is wrong -> ECU reacts to everything wrong by adjusting everything -> car hicks up 3 times -> chamber & oil cleans up -> everything's sorted?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts