Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a friend with a 1.4 petrol 307. 2004 model

On startup the engine is juddering like mad, bouncing all over the place under the bonnet. This is at idle or under load. If you rev it up it seems to get much better the more revs it's doing. then once the temp gauge gets to around 70 it stops and runs sweet.
Engine management light isn't on at all.

Any common problems that's be best to try? Searches keep bringing me to the 1.4hdi, the only other thing I'v found is sticking tappets, how common is this and would that not display management light?

Cheers

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi all, I have a friend with a 1.4 petrol 307. 2004 model

On startup the engine is juddering like mad, bouncing all over the place under the bonnet. This is at idle or under load. If you rev it up it seems to get much better the more revs it's doing. then once the temp gauge gets to around 70 it stops and runs sweet.
Engine management light isn't on at all.

Any common problems that's be best to try? Searches keep bringing me to the 1.4hdi, the only other thing I'v found is sticking tappets, how common is this and would that not display management light?

Cheers
I would get planet on it and have a look at live data

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sounds like its running on fewer cylinders than its supposed to. Can be a lot of things really.

If your friend is not willing to pay for repairs..well I would not bother.

edit: I don't intend to be a jerk, I simply think that as a car owner you should be prepared for expenses. Also being self-employed I see a lot of people wanting to get help for nothing. Don't waste your time mate.

P

·
0 Posts
could even be fuel temperature sensor. if they not willing to pay someone beer tokens to scan their car, even less likely to pay for parts. why bother.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I get what you mean but she is willing to pay to have I fixed. Just if its too expensive she is going to scrap it. So not too willing to pay out for things before we even start on the job that needs doing.

Thats why I'm just trying to check it as much as possible.
They only had the car since march and looks like its well overdue a service.
Once this fault is fixed its still going to cost a fair bit for other bits that need doing

P

·
0 Posts
I get what you mean but she is willing to pay to have I fixed. Just if its too expensive she is going to scrap it. So not too willing to pay out for things before we even start on the job that needs doing.

Thats why I'm just trying to check it as much as possible.
They only had the car since march and looks like its well overdue a service.
Once this fault is fixed its still going to cost a fair bit for other bits that need doing
Check the members map on here and see if anyone is local with the kit. Most member charge £20 ish. You'll have a much better idea of what is going on. Then can decide if worth fixing or not.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check the members map on here and see if anyone is local with the kit. Most member charge £20 ish. You'll have a much better idea of what is going on. Then can decide if worth fixing or not.
Would Peugeot planet confirm things like sticky valves if it is that?
I wasn't sure how much info you can actually get that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts