Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have got a 2005 2.0HDi with the RHY engine. For over 3 years the engine management light has been on and the display shows "Antipollution Fault". This has not affected the running of the car. It runs great. I have connected it to Planet and done a Global Test many times with the same results every time:

EGR Consistancy Airflow
EGR Airflow High
Pre/Post Heating Relay Stuck
Oil Temp Info incorrect
Absence of Comms CD Changer

Each time I test it I reset the engine management light but it comes on again within a few days. The car passes all emission tests.

I have changed the Heating Relay but the fault remains.

Now to the problem !!!

Recently I have noticed that on initial start up from cold the tickover is really rough and there is a bit of white smoke from the exhaust. It sounds as if it is only running on 2 or 3 cylinders. After a couple of minutes it clears and runs smoothly. If I drive it immediatly after start up it needs to be revved more to pull away.
Apart from that it still runs great. I have not noticed any difference in fuel consumption.

Any ideas welcomed.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Have a read of my issue with my 406 with RHY motor which sounds similar to your initial running issues. https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/406-40/injection-pressure-issues-332456/

I found the injectors were not "centered" (post 5). Recoded them and has been fine ever since. Don't know if this would apply on the 307 though. Worth a look?

Oh, and I would blank off the egr, have done this with all my hdi's and they have all responded positively. No more gummed up/blocked inlet manifold... :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your thoughts. Was your car always lumpy before you centred the injectors or was it something that happened after.
My car used to run perfectly from cold and only started doing this recently. The tickover is steady at 800 rpm but it just sounds lumpy.
Have just noticed (now that we are back down South) that it does not smoke on start up from cold. However that is from a start temperature of 8 degrees. In the mountains I was starting from -5 degrees.

I have not done any live data with Planet. Is there a tutorial on how to check the injectors?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
It was more sluggish when I got it than my other ones, but starting was okay-ish. I put it down to it having almost 700000kms on the clock. Starting became worse over a few months. It now runs as well as my 250000km one.

Not sure how your 307 would be checked for this on planet as all models are different when using planet. I just dig around and try all options one by one to find out what each does when using planet on a particular model for the first time.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks for that. I think I should start a new thread asking how to access live data on Planet for the 307.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts