Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mY VAN IS ONCE AGAIN GIVING ME A BIT OF GRIEF.
When I start it,it either just wont start at all or it will run on what sounds like two or three cylinders with no response to throttle then on a good day pick and run normally or I have to turn off again and then it will start and run fine.
Its not showing any fault codes and once going drives loverly,but confidence is dissapearing in the reliability of the van again as at the moment i'm doing 120 miles a day too and from work.
Anyone got any ideas??

J

·
0 Posts
Only injectors on a diesel that may make it sound like its running on 2 or 3 cylinders... take a look at them when you have it on PP.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that but still cant get my Diagbox to work so just used my memo scan.Will try to persiver with getting diagbox up and running.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi JM, havnt got pp so stuck with my not loading diagbox and the trusty memoscan. Had to drive home from camborne in limp today( not quick)hard to get going EML came on,started but no response to throtle then picked up but gutless, hit a big jam at landrake ,turned off engine in jam.When restarted ran loverly.
Got home scanned with memo. Po230 came up.Cleared the code now starting fine.:confused: MAD these french things wont even brake down properly (thank god long walk from camborne to home).
Sorry JM the van is 2003 (53) 2.0 hdi dw10 ( ex sww)

J

·
0 Posts
One day, on your way home up the A30, drop by my place and we can hook it up with Planet if you like... may even be able to help with the Diagbox install :lol:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that I'll definitly take you up on,although a weekend could be easier at the moment for me but I'm sure an evening can be arranged,what ever is best for yourself really.Let me know your details,probably best to PM each other.I'll send you my mobile.:thumb:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could'nt agree more.Magma 1979 read it for me last time but when it's all in polish I couldnt really follow what was going on that well,and his pp said the van was automatic and it really is'nt!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well more problems tonight.Took a bit of getting going again drove of then 1/2 mile down the road (after running ok) eml comes on and it goes guttless again.Drive a couple of miles to nearest layby plug in memo scan P0230 again. clear code restart on 3rd attempt no light no codes drives home fine.Thinking that fuel pump relay which I think is the one behind the battery on the N/S inner wing.
Anyone know what the switching voltage is on this dont want to bang 12v down it only to find its a 5volt operator:eek:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
well got together with Jon (JM KENT) today for a scan:thumb:
And the result is:-
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE VAN
There is, is dosnt start properly and it dosnt always leave a fault code.It was difficult to start whilst with Jon but it did not register (this time).
SO my verdict is ITS BLOODY FRENCH say no more will now start to change relays bit by bit.
I still suspect it is the fuel pump relay just not kicking every time it is energised thus not enough pressure until I've turned it on and off a few times then it kicks in and away we go. The more attempts it takes the more likly it is to drop into limp and put the MIL on and register the fault code.(usually on my way home from work!) Seams the quicker it starts the less chance of limp happening.
When it dose start the throttle takes a couple of seconds to respond then away it goes all fine and dandy no problems.
So it is a wierdy one.Anyway a BIG THANKS TO JON for his time this morning and if I crack this problem will let you all know what it was.

J

·
0 Posts
No problem.... no error on the way home then?

Post up that code Andy which you did get back along off your scanner... see if anyone can link that to the symptoms above to help diagnose.

.... and give me a ring when/if the limp mode/light comes on again :thumb:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry thought I'd put the code up earlier it is P0230. Memo scan calls it :-
" generic primary fuelpump circuit malfunction"
No jon working OKish at the moment still a bit reluctant to start but better than a couple of weeks ago :) No fault for nearly a week apart from slow to respond to throttle once started.Can still take a couple of goes to get going and fine once it dose rev up so confusing but once sorted the wifes new (to us) Sharan will buy a new fuel pump relay and see what happens.
Unfortunatly got to change all the tyres on sharan as all wrong load rating but once thats all out the way will get the relay and probably going to get Auto com reader system and give that ago (if I can get it on to my laptop, never managed to sort diagbox and seller is ignoring me now.Gone past the 30 days and ebay wont do naff all)

J

·
0 Posts
Well if we meet again, bring your laptop and I'll assist with getting Diagbox up and running.... I take it you do have the Lexia leads for it?
You could always just run PP2000 instead if Diagbox plays up :thumb:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well if we meet again, bring your laptop and I'll assist with getting Diagbox up and running.... I take it you do have the Lexia leads for it?
You could always just run PP2000 instead if Diagbox plays up :thumb:
Sounds like a plan Jon,I would love to get it going.Yes I got the leads with it so I'll get hold of the bits and give you a bell soon.Busy this week but I'll let you know soon.Thanks for the offer :thumb:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well thought I'd cured it. At the wekend I took out the brown double relay which hides behind the battery and fitted a borrowed one and no difference.
So I looked at the black box behind the power steering resevoir and unplugged the 4 pin plug gave it a good clean and that seamed to cure the problem. It's been starting first time all week untill this morning,fine first thing got to work parked up then had to move it and did'nt want start,5 goes later and it did:mad:
Had to move it again later and again it would'nt go,so I poped the bonnet tapped the black box behind the powere steering resevoir tryed again and it started straight away. Also started with no help this evening:)
SO can anyone tell me what this magical box is and what it controls?????
Then I might actually get this van working properly.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OHH so slowly Jon.Thought I'd found the dodgy door lock passenger side silder had disconected from the solenoid as the clip had broken,fixed it up but still flashing so not that one:(
When I get a free day I'll take you up on your offer of help with diag box but seam to be up to my eyeballs at the mo.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
update

well on monday it died,the starter had had enough and gave up.
So the very nice man from the AA arrived and we bump (tow) started it.
It started instantly :confused: and ran great all the way home.
Now the nice man from the AA said that if the starter was on its way out and drawing large current to operate it MIGHT cause the other symptoms as it could cause very low voltages and current in the rest of the system.
So ordered up a new starter then went mad and got new fuel pump relay and glow plug relay as well.Would of had it all done on wednesday night but supplier sent the wrong starter so HOPEFULLY all will be sorted friday night :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts