Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all. I am new to the forum so hello.
A month ago I purchased a year old 207 Sportium 1.4 Vti. The car is great however yesterday I had an issue with it. Starting it from cold was nigh on impossible. The car eventually started , backfired and sounded really rough like running on 3 cylinders. When I pressed the accelerator the car cut out. This happened a couple of times however I left it to run of its own accord and after a minute or so I could press the accelerator fine and the engine ran smoothly.
However driving along the motorway I noticed the temp gauge had shot up to just below the red line. I hurriedly turned the heating to find lots of hot air coming through and the temp gauge started to drop. The engine still running smoothly with no warning lights. I originally thought the radiator fan switch was faulty and the fan wasn't coming on but on stopping the fan came on fine although it ran for a while.
This morning again a really rough start and after a minute the engine runs fine but the temp gauge reads high on first start i.e it goes to a quarter.
It will be going back to Peugeot as it is only 1 year and 5 days old and has only 2k miles on it.
I am a bit bemused.:confused: Any ideas?

D

·
0 Posts
Get a diagnostic check done. Coolant temp sensors give loads of throuble on this BMW :( engine.

Also cooling fan operating is a product of an engine management fault not necessary an overheating engine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since this post I have had the stop light on and temp gauge fault come up. The car has been diagnosed with a faulty temp sensor and wiring loom!!!. This is being replaced under warranty. Hopefully I have my new car back before the weekend.

·
12,075 Posts
Its really interesting that the engine relies on the temperature gauge to ensure smooth running. It just goes to show that its not just there to show us on the dash gauge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts