Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning all,

Discovered my 307 1.6hdi with a rough idling yesterday morning from cold. The revs start at about 800 then drop very slightly bit by bit then theres a rough bit and the revs go back to where they were.

I unplugged the MAF and it was fine (revs stay the same), and even with the MAF plugged back in it disappears after 5 minutes of driving. Starting the car when warm doesn't show the problem.

The is an ongoing P1351 code on the car (glow plugs) so I was planning to get them replaced but the fact that the unplugging of the MAF has thrown me a little.

Any thoughts folks ?

Cheers

Richard

·
5,665 Posts
As above you need to get codes read, unplugging MAF has a large impact on car EGR is disabled and fuelling switches from MAF to MAP based which is why your idle and running changes with it unplugged it is just masking the trouble

·
5,665 Posts
Could be a faulty glow plug (they are not needed to start but help clean up emissions etc when cold) or could be faulty coolant sensor reporting wrong temp which is fixed one temps start to rise or even sticking valve or egr which free off as engine warms up. As has been said without getting it on planet to see codes/live data it's guess work

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks...

EGR valve has recently been replaced, I've got a feeling about the Glow Plugs, but will wait until the next service to get them replaced.

Hopefully it wont worsen when the cold weather comes in...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
An update for you all...

It appears that the symptoms don't always dissapear after 5 minutes. Yesterday the car started fine and the dipping of the revs came along after a minute.

When driving in on the M6, in stationary traffic sometime the idling was fine then other times rough....

I know its hard to pinpoint but would the above suggest a MAF on the way out more than glowplugs ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts