Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me mums 306 has failed an MoT on account of "rear seat belt not retracting"

Upon closer investigation I've found the reason why this is the case.

So does anyone know can you buy a pattern part to weld in? Or would I have to trawl a scrappy.

Never seen anything like it!

·
3,036 Posts
Wow...ive not come across an inner repair panel as a pattern part...a good one from a scrap car is a thought but remember someones life will depend on the quality of the repair....be carefull..

·
11,992 Posts
Christ that's one hell of a water leak over time to have caused that.

306s are cheap these days, I wouldn't even bother trying to sort that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Car otherwise is mint. It's a turbo diesel the old school ones not the hdi. Goes like a rocket.

Apparently it's he liner in wheel arch that causes this as it doesn't cover whole inside of arch. Where it stops water gets behind and rots thru.

So pattern parts are a no no. So it's gonna have to be a doner car then :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
903 Posts
I`ve seen that happen on 306`s,a very odd and dangerous rust trap.
I would find an "old school" body man who would make up and weld in a panel.
All you need is the for the belt unit to be securely mounted at the right angle.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well if anyone's breaking one and they have a sound panel let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Holy Cow! is that some rot! Sadly my previous car failed the MOT for similar reasons, it was in good condition but there was some rust hiding that when it came to being prodded, a hole appeared. From previous vehicles I've had, trying to get things welded and made good is usually a waste of time and effort. Generally garages don't want to weld up bodywork, I can see why, it can be a time consuming job, even just cutting the metal to suit and in the end there is no nice tidy looking job.
Usually when rust gets to that extent, there will be other places too that have rotted out, so who knows, get that fixed and the MOT tester might find more rust elsewhere and on it goes. I decided to abandon ship (scrap it).

Although en route, in a previous year the cat-converter developed a split and I got a recommendation of a old-school welder from my local tyre fitter (they did the MOT), the guy made a good job and was reasonable all round, a rare find!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts