Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Need a little sdvise if poss.
My roof on my 2008 hdi has worked faultlessly for over a year. Went to come from work tonight and the roof would not disengage from header on the winsdscreen.
The boot opens fine and the parcel flaps come up and the roof tries to release but like its stuck. it returns back to normal and all closes up fine.
I;m guessing the pins are stuck in the latches in the headliner.
If i get an allen key in the roof hole will this free the latches enough for me to get inside and see what the prob is, or do i need to free the pressure in the pump in the boot first.
Any help or advise appreciated
thanks

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Use the allen key to help the roof open at the correct time as what happens is the catches get stiff and the ram cant manage to open them a little help with the allen key gets it going then oil the catches and thats usually all thats needed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
managed to get it open by rocking the roof gently and the right time and it lifted.
Upon closer inspection there's a spring loaded release arm in the rear pillar of the roof actuated by a cable, the cables on its last legs with about 2 strands and the rest is frayed and its broke free of its keeper , so the latch on the side post is not disengaging.
i think i'll leave well alone , winters coming and i can afford to not use till next year.

thanks for the help tho.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts