Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed today my roof rails are cloudy and tarnished. Anyone else had this problem and approached Peugeot about it? I could get some t cut on it myself but I reckon it’ll be a regular job.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Noticed today my roof rails are cloudy and tarnished. Anyone else had this problem and approached Peugeot about it? I could get some t cut on it myself but I reckon it’ll be a regular job.
Should have gone to Thule! :)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Funny you mention this; only just a few days ago I noticed ‘rust’ building up on the front drivers door chrome insert.
I got out my chrome cleaner which I have had for umpteen years and used on many a car and as such gave the offending rust a gentle circular motion clean.
When I then rubbed off the cleaner I immediately noticed the chrome had turned cloudy and dull. The shine has completely gone.
I intend to speak with the dealer next time I’m down there but I have a strong feeling they will simply say “you rubbed it too hard” ....and at that point the fun will start. ;)

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Should have gone to Thule! :)
Sorry, misread your post, rails not bars! Had a look at mine today as I attached something to the roof bars. My rails aren't tarnished (one year old) but I would say the finish looks slightly cloudy but from memory that's how they have always been. Not much help I know, on both counts. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts