Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 VTI Sport 57 Plate
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just replaced all the seals on the rocker cover.
I then started the car and all was ok.

the car was running for a real short time a few minutes and then the high speed fan kicked in and stays on even after the engine is switched off. I have noticed if you start the car from cold the following morning it doesn’t come on but wait a few minutes and it’s back on constantly.

Have I done something wrong? Just a thought I did take the oil cap off only for a few seconds while engine was running only to make sure it was on properly.

Any thoughts please? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Are you sure you didn't dislodge any electrical connection while you were doing the job? Go back over what you did and check everything nearby.
If you can't see anything, then get a diagnostic done as already suggested.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, everything checked and looks fine I’m getting 2 pending codes no eml light on.
P11AA fan
P2196 O2 sensor circuit

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you sure you didn't dislodge any electrical connection while you were doing the job? Go back over what you did and check everything nearby.
If you can't see anything, then get a diagnostic done as already suggested.
Thanks for the replies, everything checked and looks fine I’m getting 2 pending codes no eml light on.
P11AA fan
P2196 O2 sensor circuit

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The error codes
P2196 Is for the front of the Catalytic Convertor Oxygen Sensor - signal biased, stuck too rich.
P11AA Turbo boost pressure lower or higher than expected.
Ok thanks my car hasn’t got a turbo?

would this cause the emergency cooling fan to be on?

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
1,546 Posts
Deal with the Oxygen Sensor first. The other code might be for the fan, then, by the sounds of it... not really sure, as the code has different meaning (in my documentation) related to MAP and air temp sensor. Try clearing codes after the sensor / wiring loom is fixed or replaced and see if anything comes back.

Also check the connections to the sensors are secure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Deal with the Oxygen Sensor first. The other code might be for the fan, then, by the sounds of it... not really sure, as the code has different meaning (in my documentation) related to MAP and air temp sensor. Try clearing codes after the sensor / wiring loom is fixed or replaced and see if anything comes back.

Also check the connections to the sensors are secure.
Ok thank you very much will post back when done I have just ordered a new upstream o2 sensor and socket.

·
Registered
22 Posts
the car was running for a real short time a few minutes and then the high speed fan kicked in and stays on even after the engine is switched off.
This happens when you have a leak in the intake. You've probably left a pipe disconnected, or something didn't go back together properly when you changed the seals on the cam cover - fix the vacuum leak on your intake side, and this issue will go away.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This happens when you have a leak in the intake. You've probably left a pipe disconnected, or something didn't go back together properly when you changed the seals on the cam cover - fix the vacuum leak on your intake side, and this issue will go away.
Thanks for replying I have been out today and changed the fan resistor pack control unit which is in the cooling fan surround and the problem still exists. I then went ahead and stripped down the cam cover again and replaced just the main seal torqued bolts down to 9nm as recommended in the Haynes manual I then made sure everything I had taken off or disconnected went back together but unfortunately the problem is still there.

do you know if the high speed fan is triggered if you have other faults? I have a pending code that keeps coming up for the o2 sensor bank 1 sensor no EML on though just a pending code.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not sure, sorry - the intake leak is the cause I'm familiar with.
Ok many thanks for your time I have noticed if you start the car from cold with the air con on the engine heats up and the fan gets faster to cool engine then goes back to normal speed because the air con is on then if you turn the car off with air con still switched on no fan running. But if you turn air con off 1st you then get the fast speed fan come on then stays on even when engine is off. It’s a bit of a mystery to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts