Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new 3008 last October. The car is a dream to drive and I have been in love with my car since driving out the showroom.
My first service took place this week. To my dismay, I have to replace 3 almost new tyres.
The car wheels were never aligned. The dealer also did not set the tyre pressure sensors. The tyres eroded from the inside and I only drove 12000 miles with them.
Peugeot said it was my responsibility to check tyre pressure. I would have if the tyre pressure sensors indicated. I had no idea they were not set.
Peugeot also said that the handbook advised of this.

Had this happened with Audi or VW in the first 3 years, they would not have hesitated to replace the tyres.

Also, when I booked my service, I asked for a sat nav upgrade with speed camera as advertised on the Peugeot website. They advised me to bring a USB stick which I did. I also asked if they would fit a dash cam for me. I was advised that it was a big job and that the upholstery would need to be removed. I agreed.
I then ordered a courtesy car for the day and asked like for like meaning automatic etc.

I arrived at Robin Day Peugeot only to be told that they do not do the sat nav update. They also do not fit any dash cam.

They then offer me a manual car. I said sorry, I ordered an automatic.

They then give me a car with a screaming engine, hardly no fuel, dirty and wreaking of cigarettes.

I made a complaint about this but the staff were rude, arrogant and patronising.

I am so disgusted with Peugeot. I will never buy a car from this manufacturer again.

If anyone is thinking of buying this amazing 3008, I would definitely think twice with such poor customer care.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Don't judge the car on the treatment you got at one dealer.

I could give you several examples of dreadful service there, and yes they were patronising.

However, all the tyre pressure monitoring system on that car will do is tell you if one tyre has a puncture, not that all tyres are correctly inflated. If you drove any new car 12000 miles without ever checking tyre pressures, then I would expect every dealer to refuse to even think of replacing them. To cause that much damage, you must have been running them almost flat, but you clearly never looked at them.

Regarding the Sat Nav update, it is extremely easy to do yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Robins and Day - Walton on Thames - don't touch them

Take your Pug elsewhere if you would like good honest service advice as opposed to feeding a £125 per hour service profit machine.

The short of a long story is that the Pug 308 2014 T9 had just done 35000 miles and timing chain noise was noticed.
After stripping down the car, they decided only to replace the tensioner on the timing chain and nothing else (which I did question).
£650 later and 5 miles down the road the orange light of death came on with a P0016 "timing chain fault".
They offered to investigate only the issue further, no parts (to see if it was their mistake or more parts needed replacing) if I signed up to a minimum of £312 of approved labour costs.....with no refund if it was their fault.....

At this point, I took the car away to a garage I trusted and asked them to do a full timing chain kit for around £800.
This fixed the problem and their assessment was that there was a small amount of wear on the timing chain and the gears that was causing the P0016 synch issue.

Conversations with Peugeot After-warranty / Good-will determined that it was my fault that the timing chain had failed at 35000 miles as I did not do an oil change last year after only 2000miles of use since the last service......

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Well I've had problems there, and my daughter bought a 2008 on lease, took it in for a 2nd year service, told the auxiliary belt needed replacing at her cost, after just 16,000 miles? Also found a nail in the tread of one tyre and tried to insist she had a new tyre fitted at £135. I forget what the cost of the belt was but also in 3 figures. Tyre was repaired elsewhere and there is no problem with the aux belt.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Well took my car in for minor service. It's under an extended warranty too so I mentioned a couple of things I wanted them to look at. £75 per item was the reply (a charge was mentioned on the phone, but not per item)
I can smell hot diesel when I stop the car and can see it's wet around one of the injectors.
I also can hear a soft rubbery flapping noise at speeds above 50mph alonside my right ear.

The diesel leak - they wanted £225 to get access and clean it before seeing if it might be a warranty claim.
Noise, they looked under the car and said a wheel arch liner was damaged so that must be the problem. I asked them if they had road tested at 50mph or more. No but that doesn't matter as this is the problem.

Customer is always wrong.

Rant over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts