Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah, would be nice to hear, I'm going to do a 7000 km. (4400 miles) roadtrip in the start of 2018... So it would be nice with some input :D

- I'll do it in my new 1.6 HDI 3008 ^^

Have anyone done a long road trip with your new 3008? Would like to know how it performed and helped?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Could be wrong but I think Dautres is currently in France with his.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Could be wrong but I think Dautres is currently in France with his.
I’m trying to forget my trip, the car had only done 65 miles so I was taking it easy, I couldn’t work out how to set the cruise control and it rained most of the way. I was going to make a post about how I have found the 3008 whilst driving around in France so I’ll probably use this thread and post something this weekend.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I opened a thread looking for experiences gained from a grand tour with their new 3008.
Still waiting.........

·
Registered
838 Posts
So is Yorky he did post he got to his destination South of Paris without incident
Yes I'm down here in the Correze experiencing mixed weather, sun one minute thunder and lightning the next. But that aside , apart from 4 hours on the ferry, I drove from West Yorkshire to the Correct virtually non stop.

I had no problems with the car at all. Got on the motorway over here, set the cruise control to 120kph and let the car do the rest. Like the way the digital screen changes dials from mph to kph. The seat massage function did a good job on my back, just a pity there's no massage in the seat to work it's magic on an achy rear end....

Averaged 59mpg for the total mileage which I was pleased with considering it was very busy around the M1 and M25 in the London area.

I also like the Sport mode button...very handy for a quick overtake on French country roads.

All in all I'm well pleased with the car itself....the one downfall as far as I'm concerned is my lack of Live Services.

Please don't ask for any technical engine type questions...I am retired Bobby and trained electrician but car engines, bhp etc and the like are double dutch

Reactions: Jill

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank yorky52 sharing your experience. Does any one else have long road trip experience? Dautres do you like to share your experience?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone care to share their road trip experience? Especially:

It would be good to know how comfy are the front and back seats, especially on long drives?

How does the car behave (overtaking and handling) when fully loaded.

GPS - how quickly does it recalculate routes? Is it accurate?

MPG.. are the manufacturer quoted figures close to real life?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
^^^^ I agree.
What makes it special or is more a matter of nothing special but nothing bad....?.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Anyone care to share their road trip experience? Especially:

It would be good to know how comfy are the front and back seats, especially on long drives?

How does the car behave (overtaking and handling) when fully loaded.

GPS - how quickly does it recalculate routes? Is it accurate?

MPG.. are the manufacturer quoted figures close to real life?
Just completed return journey from France, 700 miles with just a 4 hour ferry crossing break.

As with the outward journey I had a faultless trip. Very pleased with the car. I didn't have any odd noises that some have reported. To answer your questions.....

As I don’t use the passenger or rear seats I can only say the drivers seat was very comfortable and the lumbar massage feature worked a treat. I did have family passengers for a few miles in France and got no complaints about comfort in the back.

Handling was excellent and the sports mode gave me that extra oomph you sometimes need overtaking on country roads.

I used the Sat Nav all the time and made numerous recalculation with no problems.

MPG worked out at about 59MPG average on differing road conditions. I did use cruise control for a lot of the journey....French roads and conditions allow better use of cruise than ours.

My only ongoing problem, as most on here know, is the inability to connect to live services.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just completed return journey from France, 700 miles with just a 4 hour ferry crossing break.

As with the outward journey I had a faultless trip. Very pleased with the car. I didn't have any odd noises that some have reported. To answer your questions.....

As I don’t use the passenger or rear seats I can only say the drivers seat was very comfortable and the lumbar massage feature worked a treat. I did have family passengers for a few miles in France and got no complaints about comfort in the back.

Handling was excellent and the sports mode gave me that extra oomph you sometimes need overtaking on country roads.

I used the Sat Nav all the time and made numerous recalculation with no problems.

MPG worked out at about 59MPG average on differing road conditions. I did use cruise control for a lot of the journey....French roads and conditions allow better use of cruise than ours.

My only ongoing problem, as most on here know, is the inability to connect to live services.
Thanks yorky sharing experience. Hope other will also contribute.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts