Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning my fellow Peugeot owners. I am seeking a little guidance please, yesterday morning on the way to work I had two warning flash up at the same time, fault one is faulty airbag or seatbelt pretensioners - this light stays active. Second fault is risk of particle filter clogging - look at owners manual.

After work i was going to go for a long drive (something i haven't done since August due to lockdowns) however the risk of particle filter clogging had disappeared. I still took it out for probably 45/50 miles at a decent speed. Air bag fault was still active.

Again this morning the risk of particle filter clogging is back from ignition start. I cannot get the car to my usual garage until Monday, any have experience as to whether they think i'll be fine until this point? I drive 19 miles to work and 19 miles back. 15 of which is dual carriageway.

Sorry for yet another DPF post!

·
12,384 Posts
Sounds like it needs a good run and / or DPF cleaning.

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Go for a run on open roads, preferably a motorway and keep in a lower gear so the engine revs are around 3k and keep it there for as long as you can.
This should regen the filter.
It's been a common problem through this last year with owners doing very low mileages.
I've seen the filter warning several times. Every time it's cleared using this method.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brilec is the filter warning exactly as i have described? I don't have the image of the dpf come up like I've found on the net. Just the message and the exclamation point inside the triangle.

·
7,587 Posts
I would just drive it for now it can take a few journeys to reset

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Brilec is the filter warning exactly as i have described? I don't have the image of the dpf come up like I've found on the net. Just the message and the exclamation point inside the triangle.
Yes, mine said "risk if particle filter clogging, refer to handbook". In the handbook it tells you to do what I suggested.

But it is possible that it's now too clogged to regenerate, in which case you either have to replace it, or wash it out, which is what I have done in the past.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So this morning the risk of clogging warning has disappeared. I'm still planning on taking it to the garage on Monday to have this airbag fault looked at.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good morning my fellow Peugeot owners. I am seeking a little guidance please, yesterday morning on the way to work I had two warning flash up at the same time, fault one is faulty airbag or seatbelt pretensioners - this light stays active. Second fault is risk of particle filter clogging - look at owners manual.

After work i was going to go for a long drive (something i haven't done since August due to lockdowns) however the risk of particle filter clogging had disappeared. I still took it out for probably 45/50 miles at a decent speed. Air bag fault was still active.

Again this morning the risk of particle filter clogging is back from ignition start. I cannot get the car to my usual garage until Monday, any have experience as to whether they think i'll be fine until this point? I drive 19 miles to work and 19 miles back. 15 of which is dual carriageway.

Sorry for yet another DPF post!
I put a DPF cleaner from Supercheap into a full tank of gas and then went on the highway for a half hour drive, haven't had the warning since, thy do say that City driving will slowly clog the thing and as one has said it requires a high revving for at least 15 to 20 minutes, just a nice freeway drive with a particulate cleaner and not oe of the cheap and nasty ones, do a little Googling to find the best for your car :).
Some Youtubes just have the car stationary and revving at 3000 rpm for x amount of time, I prefer the drive as the car stays cooler, if you live in a cold climate then probably not an issue, I get 35C days as the normal day temps :)

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
A forced regen will run the engine at over 3k rpm for ten minutes or so while car is stationary.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts