Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 5008 2L HDI
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Firstly, apologies for posting yet another DPF issue to these forums. I have scoured many posts relating to this fault yet none seem similar to what I'm experiencing.

The warning came up earlier this week so I put some fuel in and bombed it along a dual carriageway for 30 minutes. That cleared the code.

However, today, the warning has reappeared!

I have a 2010 5008 2l HDi with 72k miles on the clock. I've only had the car since May and it's my first time owning a diesel. I am terrified at the potential cost of getting this repaired and am wondering whether taking the DPF off and cleaning it myself would be a good option?

I do have another issue that may be related in that the Turbo doesn't seem to be kicking in as much as it did when I first bought the car.

I saw on another post someone mentioned finding a member near me who uses Peugeot Planet to try and find out what the issue actually is. How do I find a member close to me?

Thanks,
Stew

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cleaning the dpf yourself is not recommend. You risk blocking the filter even more and it is not good for the environment.

You will need to focus and reader the error codes with diagbox, this will get an idea on what is wrong.

Try post thread where you ask for diagbox assistance and please write where you live.

I am from Denmark, so you are welcome to drop by for diagbox readings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
8,934 Posts
Worth getting a code read, however I had similar issues with my DS5 (2.0 HDI) a few times (with a known clean DPF and full fluid refill) and during the last couple of days in the cold weather. I think that maybe on short journeys in the cold water can condense in pressure sensor pipe giving and erroneous pressure reading errors.

I have pressured washed many a DPF over the years and they have all been fine afterwards

·
Registered
2010 5008 2L HDI
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you to those who've replied.

I decided to fill up on fuel and take it out on the roads again.

The warning popped up on acceleration onto the carriageway, stayed for about 10-15 minutes and then disappeared. I drove a further 30 miles and the code stayed off.

I then went round a roundabout and headed back on the same road and again, on acceleration, the warning came back. It also came back randomly again after 10 miles and then went off. It's stayed off since then.

It's all a bit confusing and I don't want it to be something stupidly expensive as I need to have the cam belt, water pump and all 4 tyres replaced shortly...always at Christmas isn't it!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have actual also replaced the dpf pressure sensor lately. It was a 5008 with the 2.0 hdi. As windy wrote it can condense on the sensor. Here is a picture

·
Registered
2010 5008 2L HDI
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome, I might give that a go as it's only going to cost £30ish.

Did you do that yourself? Is the sensor easy to get too and what tools will I need?

Thanks again,
Stew

·
Registered
69 Posts
I did it myself. Okay easy job. I have Left handed drive. The sensor was behind the battery tray. So you will need to remove the battery and the battery tray. Buy some new hose clamps. As the original needs special tools. Otherwise you just needs some sockets. And again you need to use diagbox to calibrate the new sensor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts