Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i'm hoping someone can help me .i filled my 307 1.6 hdi 100 on a 55 plate with diesel yesterday when went to drive off a warning came up it said risk of filter blocking can anyone tell me what would cause this?

·
Registered
263 Posts
it's probably the dpf filter (search here and you'll find a few hundred threads about it!)
It's basically a filter built into the exhaust system to burn off the soot rather than spraying it out the exhaust into the air.
When the system was being designed, i think the chief designer gave up and let his drunken girlfriend finish off the design as it's probably the worst designed bit of kit ever fitted to a car!

J

·
0 Posts
Could be linked to fuel pressures.... could be the fuel filter blocking, or not sure if there is one in the tank too on the 307?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Those damn things are annoying. We were doing them in theory class the other day. Why would you design something that would only burn off the soot at high temperatures? You would have thought they would take into consideration the mum's driving kiddies to school/shoppies who never get up to high speeds so the soot would never get burnt off.

·
11,873 Posts
Those damn things are annoying. We were doing them in theory class the other day. Why would you design something that would only burn off the soot at high temperatures? You would have thought they would take into consideration the mum's driving kiddies to school/shoppies who never get up to high speeds so the soot would never get burnt off.
Its a ticking time bomb. In a few years time the market will be flooded with small engined cars with soot and DPF problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
p 2408

hi i scanned my car today and found the code p 2408
can anyone tell me where i can get a fuel cap sensor from please..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts