Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started getting this message on my 1.6 HDI DPF 110 followed by an 'Antipollution faulty message' (MIL now permanently on) so I changed the fuel filter but could not prime the system from the rubber bulb so had to suck fuel through with a hand vacuum pump at the return connection. Car drives OK for 3-5 miles from cold but then hangs back (misfire?) at more than approx. 1/4 throttle. Could this message mean that the fuel additve tank is empty or is there another message for that, or what? Can't help with fault codes as my OTC scanner will not communicate with the car.:(

·
12,075 Posts
The filter it refers to is the diesel particulate filter, not the fuel filter.

A Planet diagnostic might tell you more.

The only time I've had what feels like a misfire on a diesel was because of air getting into the fuel pipes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a diesel so don't misfire per se. Is it in limp mode as that restricts the rpm range?
RPM is not restricted provided car in a low gear and no more than about 1/4 throttle is used. Could this be fuel starvation bearing in mind that I could not prime the system with the rubber bulb after the filter change ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The only time I've had what feels like a misfire on a diesel was because of air getting into the fuel pipes.
Could this be why the system would not prime from the rubber bulb? How do I check for an air leak and locate it ?(presumably on the low pressure side)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On mine I was lucky. I put PTFE tape on the plastic push-lock connectors and that sorted it.
That might be worth a try as I've convinced myself (rightly or wrongly) that air is getting in due to the fact that the system would not prime from the priming bulb. How many layers of tape did you put on each connection and did you cover the locking ring?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

A Vgate VS890 Scanner showed the following codes -- P0234, P0087, P0100, P0401, P0490, P1351 & P1462 + pending P2032, P1351 & P1462. The EGR related ones are probably when I fitted a new EGR valve a few months ago but what does 'ECM Adaptation to EGR valve not carried out' mean and is there a procedure for this? 'The fuel rail pressure too low' (P0087) may be the cause of my not being able to use more than about 1/4 throttle, and is the 'Exhaust gas temp. sensor circuit low' (P2032) relevant? Can you help me please with these codes.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I would guess that the egr needs coded to the engine as all the defects could not occur together as separate issues. Of course you really need a specific peu code reader to be sure of the displayed codes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts