Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, after spending vasts amounts of money on trying to repair my 307 1.6 hdi, I ended up taking it to robins and day Peugeot Benton road Newcastle. I was informed that the glow plugs on my vehicle needed replacing and the dpf needed regenerating (even though it's a brand new part).
That wasn't the case at all. I took my car to a workshop where a mechanic work colleague delved into the car. He removed the mass air flow meter, low and behold took the vehicle out of limp mode. So now it's been replaced my car drives as sweet as a nut. Cost £66 for the part. Peugeot wanted to charge me £387 plus vat for the glow plugs and regen that weren't required. And then if still in limp mode, I'd have to pay another £60 for diagnostics.
I have rang Peugeot up, and complained. The control manager "Liz" had a right attitude problem with me. I was told a service manager would ring me back. I'm still waiting. Therefore I'm giving them till 11am to contact or I'll be leaving them bad feedback on their robins and day Facebook page in the hope that this prompts a response. Feel free to go on Facebook and vent.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thats where i got i my car from m8, still waiting to get a ring from them regarding 1000 mile service lol and update my maps for free.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I rang them up, apparently the service manager knows and is going to ring back by the end of the day.
Good luck though Chris, they seem like hard work!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Mine will never go to Peugeot for any work again.
It went in with an intermittent cold start stutter, which would clear up after about a minute of driving.

Picked it up 2 days later, they had "checked the injectors, and put on an air intake temp sensor"
In other words they had over tightened the injectors and stripped the threads in the block.

£80 later at the mechanic I normally use and it's all sorted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts