Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to a botch I have found, I am having to replace the crank angle sensor pick up that sits on the crank itself?

I have been advised by the Peugeot main dealer, that according to their systems I will need to replace my crankshaft pulley as well? He doesn't know why but he thinks its a revised part?

Is anyone on here able to confirm if A) it is a revised part and B) what the reason is for me requiring it?

If I don't need it then I've saved £93+VAT, if I do need it then I'd best get shopping!!

Any help or info would be a massive help.

Many thanks. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I can confirm.

The triggerwheel is clamped between the aux pulley and the oil-drive pulley on the crank.

The new crank-pickup trigger wheel is of a different design to the old one, basicly the new one is just about 1mm thin where it sits onto the crank, and the old one were about 2cm thick. (new one is cheaper to produce, I gess that's why they changed it..)

So you need in addition to this part, a new outer pulley that drives the aux-belt. The aux pulley is thicker to keep the correct offset.

I bought one of these new trigger wheels when my car was a non starter, until I found out that I had put my old triggerwheel on the wrong way around! Hence I never bought the new pulley, and the new triggerwheel is just staying in my spares bin :)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I sadly don't have enough first hand experience with the pulley to say yes/no about that.

I suppose the price from the dealer is a bit higher? Maybe ask eurocarcare.net guys for a quote for the extual peugeot part number on the reviced pulley? They usually have very good price and service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts