Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi lads,

so as some might know, i wrote in other thread how the previous owner had a handsfree device pulled out before he sold me the car and i ripped out the rest (speaker and mic).

Tho i have a large lump of cables left dangling behind my glove box, naturally i assume thats the power and audio harness to radio unit? So being cheapskate that i am, and not feeling like paying 100 pounds for aux input i was wondering if anyone knows if i could possibly use those cables to somehow create my own aux input? Nothing fancy like usb or memcard, just the good ol' stereo input.

Thanks in advance. Later on ill post a pic of those cables dangling in case it might be any help.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers mate, you are very helpful.

Tho do you think you could provide me a bit higher of resolution picture with schematics?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Part B

Pin 1: audio right AUX 2
Pin 2: audio ground AUX 2
Pin 3: not used
Pin 4: audio right AUX 1
Pin 5: not used
Pin 6: not used
Pin 7: audio left AUX 2
Pin 8: not used
Pin 9: not used (microphone)
Pin 10: audio left AUX 1
Pin 11: audio ground AUX 1
Pin 12: not used

Attachments

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i have to say that looks suspiciously like the ford aux port on their radios....only costs a max of £20 from them for the aux port and wiring.

i'd double check to make sure it is the same like.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers bud, i found this one. and it looks pretty good.

Although i still like the audi one better :p

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well damn, bit***s dont ship to serbia, so im out of luck there. and on ebay they sell it for 2x the price. how about that markup...

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
heres the link to the ford one...price has increased like:

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0030DN00Q[/ame]

looks good to me...didnt realise you live in serbia :lol:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Dead thread, I order you, ARISE!!!!

Sorry for the dramatics - but has anyone had any success with this or a similar method of getting a 3.5 input working with an RD4 head unit - the one in my car is the MP3 capable one with bluetooth so I think a lot of the connect2 gear is a no-go. On the plus side, I'm a big computer geek and have more spare parts and micro tools than you can shake a stick at so if I can get decent guidance, I'm sure I can make something work - does anyone know (this might be a stretch) if the connectors on the back of the RD4 MP3/Bluetooth are spaced the same as internal computer connectors? Internal USB, firewire, audio etc connectors are arranged in two rows of 5.... I was thinking about getting one of these (or something similar) to give me a tidy surface mount 3.5mm end, and using an old USB header connector to make it fit the RD4

·
Registered
741 Posts
No they're not the same spacing.
The genuine Peugeot interface costs just over £25 new and is worth the extra £10 over the cheaper ones on eBay IMO. We have one in the 307 and had one in the 407 until I replaced it with USBbox.

It'd be fairly easy to knock one up.
AUX 1 & 2 use different pins on the same connector, and as you've got the Bluetooth then the connector is in place, you'd just need to connect the wires to the right pins.
The diagram for the genuine Peugeot interface has it down as:
AUX1 - Red > Pin 4, White > Pin 10, Black > Pin 11.
AUX2 - Red > Pin 7, White > Pin 1, Black > Pin 2.

You'll also need the AUX2 port enabling whichever route you take. Can be done by anyone with Planet/Diagbox.

PS - the genuine Peugeot interface that I used in the 407 is going spare ;)

·
Registered
464 Posts
PS - the genuine Peugeot interface that I used in the 407 is going spare ;)
Its not spare, if it looks ok (hint hint piccy please) you probably already have a buyer sitting less than a foot from this here keyboard :p (as long as the price is sensible lol)

Is it the same as this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-407-MP3-AUX-INPUT-CABLE-RD4-RADIO-all-407-models-1-6-2-0-2-2-V6-HDI-/261138148551

If it is, it says "Product Fitting Note: RD4 radio only - not compatible with level 1 RD4 radio fitted with factory Bluetooth option." - My car has bluetooth built into the RD4 unit - is this a problem?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yeah - same one.
Mine has the factory Bluetooth and it worked a treat.

It's the version of the RD4 in the 307 that can't take both.

Picture attached, hopefully. All bits present, you'd never really tell it's been used. Was only fitted to the car from the end of August last year until the start of this month.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rd4 n2 aux 2 enable

Hi, tep pic is really helpfully, I have bought an adaptor for my peugeot 407 rd4 n2 , the Bluetooth model, and when plugged in it activated aux1, now I seem to have lost the Bluetooth function, does anybody know a way to activate aux 2???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi it has 2' aux 1 was not activated until I plugged the ctvpgx011 in whilst the engine was running then it became available and worked, just wondered if there were any more little tricks anybody new on here to activate aux 2 , thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts