Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

After having problem with the reverse lights always being on, I changed the reverse switch on gearbox. No luck :mad: I cant find any shorts, but I cant track the wires all the way.

Is there any easy way to address this problem or rewire the wires coming from the switch to the reverse lights?

My clutch needs to be replaced soon, so I wonder if this can have anything to do with this? I know it`s unlikely though :confused:

MOT on Monday, so I`ll use the weekend to try fix this.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Hi guys

After having problem with the reverse lights always being on, I changed the reverse switch on gearbox. No luck :mad: I cant find any shorts, but I cant track the wires all the way.

Is there any easy way to address this problem or rewire the wires coming from the switch to the reverse lights?

My clutch needs to be replaced soon, so I wonder if this can have anything to do with this? I know it`s unlikely though :confused:

MOT on Monday, so I`ll use the weekend to try fix this.

Any suggestions?
Its a longshot based on your location, but if anyone near you has diagbox / planet. They will be able to run through various tests, such as testing the gearbox switch, testing the reverse lights, and other lights back there one by one, to see if they come on with anything else.

It would also be worth checking the fusebox under the bonnet for any signs of water.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Its a longshot based on your location, but if anyone near you has diagbox / planet. They will be able to run through various tests, such as testing the gearbox switch, testing the reverse lights, and other lights back there one by one, to see if they come on with anything else.

It would also be worth checking the fusebox under the bonnet for any signs of water.
Thanks for your input :thumb:

Already done most of this. I have PP and it works variably :(
Fusebox have been out of the bonnet and cleaned. New switch, so it must be a short somewhere.

Any idea how I should wire this switch/reverse lights, maybe bypassing fusebox and BSI/brain?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Wiring here, register and pay a few euros. Make sure printer has paper and ink.
Peugeot Service Box
Is the reverse switch turning on and off as it should? Trace the wiring using Servicebox and determine where it is becoming live, there are spare wires shown in the loom diagram that can be utilised in this situation but it would be better to trace the cause as it could affect more wires. Is the rear washer tubing OK? There is a joint behind the engine side rear lights that can come apart and spray water everywhere causing havoc.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wiring here, register and pay a few euros. Make sure printer has paper and ink.
Peugeot Service Box
Is the reverse switch turning on and off as it should? Trace the wiring using Servicebox and determine where it is becoming live, there are spare wires shown in the loom diagram that can be utilised in this situation but it would be better to trace the cause as it could affect more wires. Is the rear washer tubing OK? There is a joint behind the engine side rear lights that can come apart and spray water everywhere causing havoc.
No, the tubing is fine, no leaking from that. The backing up sensors are always on too, so when I`m waiting for a green light at a crossing and a car comes up behind me, the familiar beeping comes on :nono:

I think I`ll be having trouble reading that diagram from servicebox :eek:

But thanks anyway for your reply :thumb:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Just had a look at an old print out of the engine fusebox, F1 feeds the reversing lights, fan unit, coolant level & airflow meter, so assuming these other 3 aren't playing up the most likely source of the lights being on is the wires to the gearbox switch being pinched somewhere in the engine compartment. Has any work been done in the engine bay? Feed is pin no 4 on the 16 wire black connecting plug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts