Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

First time on here and having read a few threads am a bit confused. My 307 HDI 2ltr 90 revs up slowly from the bottom end then picks up as the turbo comes in. My confusion is that I have disconected the MAF and it revs much better, does this mean the MAF is knackered and needs to be replaced or does it always rev better with the MAF disconnected, some threads contradict each other. Any help is apreciated.

·
5,861 Posts
Un-plugging MAF can sometimes identify faulty unit, however to be 100% you need to look at live data as the side affect of unplugging MAF is ECU defaults to calculated values and disables EGR system.

Therefore sometimes the fault is with EGR system and not the MAF

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
luckily I have another peugeot with the same engine so will swap over the MAF's and see what happens, but wont be for a few days.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh dear same engine different MAF will now have to wait for my mate with his decent code reader to come round.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Friend was not gonna be able to come over for a whole but found a MAF on sale for £25 so took a punt and bought it,fitted today and has solved the problem.😀

·
Registered
100 Posts
mine was the same when I got it cleaned maf with maf cleaner this is third year ive had it still no problems

307sw hdi 90 147000 ml

1 - 8 of 8 Posts