Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi i have a peugeot 307cc 54 plate, the reversing light isnt working, hubby has changed reversing switch as person at peugeot told us that the old was was faulty, so changed switch tested all fuses but still not light when car is put into reverse, not sure what to do next any help hughly appreciated. the light worked when we connected it directly to the battery and cut out the switch.

·
11,961 Posts
I'm having a similar issue, but with my fog light on the other side. Everything checks out, so I've got to trace the entire wiring path. :mad:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Up date, had to take car into peugeot for small fault, mentioned that reverse light not working, it turned out to be the connector block on the wires, they closed the pins in it a bit and hey hoo it all working now, hope this helps.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi i have a peugeot 307cc 54 plate, the reversing light isnt working, hubby has changed reversing switch as person at peugeot told us that the old was was faulty, so changed switch tested all fuses but still not light when car is put into reverse, not sure what to do next any help hughly appreciated. the light worked when we connected it directly to the battery and cut out the switch.
I'm going to have to try that trick!
As I have replaced the reverse proximity switch to no avail
We were told by the dealer on the last service that it could mean replacing the BCM.....at this stage, I think not!
If the pins trick doesn't work, I will install a seperate micro switch and wiring to the reverse light

Cheers,
Peppipug

D

·
0 Posts
If they diagnosed the reverse light switch they probably removed the connector to it.
try this, remove the connector and use a bit of wire and join the two pins of the connector, then turn the ignition on. Does the reverse light work?

·
Registered
155 Posts
If they diagnosed the reverse light switch they probably removed the connector to it.
try this, remove the connector and use a bit of wire and join the two pins of the connector, then turn the ignition on. Does the reverse light work?
Thanks for that info David....as yet i haven't had the oportunity to do this as my wife's car is always at work....hopefully, I will be able to attempt it at the weekend.

Cheers,
Peppipug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts