Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have got fed up with the poor reversing light on my 307 Hatch 2003, so I fitted a 21 led lamp (2X PEUGEOT 306 307 21 LED SMD REVERSE LIGHT CANBUS BULBS WHITE -LED33W | eBay) in yesterday. How amazed I was at how bright it was when I came to use it last night, I could see behind me.

BUT, this morning while I was scraping the ice of with the engine running and noticed that the reversing light was on, not full but dim, I tried it with the engine off, it was off. I tried it with just the ignition on, it was on dim again.

Does anyone know a reason for this, or do I need to get another make of LED.

Attached are the pics Old bulb, Led bulb and the Dim bulb.

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
Hi all,
I have got fed up with the poor reversing light on my 307 Hatch 2003, so I fitted a 21 led lamp (2X PEUGEOT 306 307 21 LED SMD REVERSE LIGHT CANBUS BULBS WHITE -LED33W | eBay) in yesterday. How amazed I was at how bright it was when I came to use it last night, I could see behind me.

BUT, this morning while I was scraping the ice of with the engine running and noticed that the reversing light was on, not full but dim, I tried it with the engine off, it was off. I tried it with just the ignition on, it was on dim again.

Does anyone know a reason for this, or do I need to get another make of LED.

Attached are the pics Old bulb, Led bulb and the Dim bulb.
Same issue I had I'm afraid, I had to go back to standards because of that :mad:

Let me know if you find a make of LED that doesn't suffer, would love to have LED back in again!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE:

I have changed the led back to a normal bulb, and I did notice that the led bulb was NOT DIM, it was that only 6 led's out of the 21 where lit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts