Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, This is my first post to the forums and I am hoping someone can suggest something for a strange fault that I have with my reversing light on a 307 sw 2.0l HDI.

When I put the car into reverse the reversing light flashes on then goes off and stays off. I've changed the switch and no difference. If it didnt work at all then I could understand but not where it flashes and goes off. I cant make sense of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
OK just been reading some other stuff and found a wiring diagram of the reversing lights. It looks like there is a link to the BSI so would a BSI reset help my problem? Its a 307sw 2.0hdi on a 56 plate

·
5,886 Posts
Take out gearbox switch and manually operate if lights stay on you have worn peg in gearbox

·
Registered
599 Posts
IIRC, the auto dimming detects when the reverse is engaged , and un-dims immediately.
This is to allow you to have the mirror even if there's a light shining it.

For how long does it flashes ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IIRC, the auto dimming detects when the reverse is engaged , and un-dims immediately.
This is to allow you to have the mirror even if there's a light shining it.

For how long does it flashes ?
About a second. Occasionally it will flash a second time but then nothing. It's the weirdest fault I've come across.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Wiggle the gearbox shaft (??, whats the correct term?) see if you can force the light to flash. Do not apply to much strength, just shake it a little. You might have a worn switch...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I've tried that and it makes no difference. I've changed the switch and it's still the same. The way if flashes is too set for it to be a worn part. It's a very exact flash if you get what I mean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts