Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv recently got a 19 plate GT line, i used to have a 15 plate allure, iv noticed on the new car the reversing camera isn’t as sharp or clear as the older car and lags abit too. What’s other people’s like? I find it more difficult to judge on this one now. Is this Peugeot cutting costs on the newer cars or what? 🤣 any opinions would be welcome before I contact the dealer. Cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
How about your infotainment overall resolution ? Are they same ? And do you mean sharper only when is dark ? I noticed that picture is better after I changed led reg.plate lamps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rest of it is ok, even in daylight it’s poor, it’s like a really old phone camera 😂 proper lags too like you’ve stopped the car but the picture is still moving backwards on the screen .

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
The rest of it is ok, even in daylight it’s poor, it’s like a really old phone camera 😂 proper lags too like you’ve stopped the car but the picture is still moving backwards on the screen .
Sounds like its working exactly to the manufacturers specification ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have 2018 with Allure trim and picture not lag at all. Maybe camera should make picture faster than now when switching to Reverse from EAT8 shifter. Maybe you should factory reset your entertainment ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
They certainly have cut costs on the newer cars. Compare the plastic door switches to your 15 Allure, they now have a rough finish and feel a lot cheaper. Look in the doors, there is no weather/dust seal. The seats are no longer alcantara/pleather but rather cloth. I'm very unimpressed at how they've cheapened the 308. I plan on holding onto my 2015 Allure Premium.

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
Thats laughable quality 🤣

The camera lens is clean / hasn't still got the protective film on the lens?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have plate 20 Tech Edition and camera is nothing like this. It's not great but it's ok. Also seats are alcantara/leather, doors have seals, could be to trim level for different countries.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats laughable quality 🤣

The camera lens is clean / hasn't still got the protective film on the lens?
I didn’t think it would have a protective film on it to be honest I’ll have a look when I go out next. Clean lens too as car is kept clean every weekend. It’s definitely up there with the poorest resolution 😂

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
Don't know how you could describe that as "not so sharp". It's unusable.
Is the car under warranty still? Get it back to the dealer if it is and ask them to justify that picture quality.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't know how you could describe that as "not so sharp". It's unusable.
Is the car under warranty still? Get it back to the dealer if it is and ask them to justify that picture quality.
Yeah still under manufacturer warranty till 2022. It’s going back in a few week for a 4-6 week check I’ll mention it see what they say. Just wondering if it’s got moisture in the lens.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah still under manufacturer warranty till 2022. It’s going back in a few week for a 4-6 week check I’ll mention it see what they say. Just wondering if it’s got moisture in the lens.
You would expect it to be moisture resistant but it definitely looks to be defective - mine's a 2015 plate and my image even when i have a dirty lens is 100x better than your "gate" image.

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
Certainly mine has never been that bad, even at night and dirt on the lens.
I wouldn't just "mention it". It need sorting properly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts