Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Administrator
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few members have now mentioned the Visio 180 reversing camera isn't good. Resolution and lagging when making the overhead image.

Not sure about the front Visio 360 system though.

What's your thoughts...is it really that poor to be worse then the Nissan QQ system that's been out many years.

How does it compare to other manufactures cameras you may have had?

Paul

· Registered
857 Posts
I have a friend with a Nissan QQ and having seen both cameras I would say the Nissan comes out on top. I find the 180º view both front and back is very disappointing. It's far easier to nudge slowly forward and use the good old mark 1 eyeball.

Reactions: Nagaman

· Registered
1,616 Posts
It’s not the best reversing camera I’ve seen and not as good as my old Focus, but it is only a visual aid and I don’t intend to take any HD photos with it. The overhead image does lag but I tend not to take any notice of it anyway. Of more use are the dipping wing mirrors, front & rear sensors and the guide lines on the rear view camera which seem to be calibrated just about right for me.

· Registered
486 Posts
I have a friend with a Nissan QQ and having seen both cameras I would say the Nissan comes out on top. I find the 180º view both front and back is very disappointing. It's far easier to nudge slowly forward and use the good old mark 1 eyeball.
Totally agree. Nissan QQ is way better than Peugeot. As I mentioned in another thread, video quality is poor and front cam is worse but still usable. I avoid 360 camera system which only use 2 cameras to create surround view, which is not totally practical. you don't see lefthand and righthand side realtime view. it only shows a image created by stitching previous images.
Nissan QQ or X-trail use 4 camera system which is more practical and you will see the realtime view around your vehicle and video quality is better.

· Registered
84 Posts
I posted about this a couple of weeks ago. Coming from a QQ it was really disappointing. The lag is probably the most annoying as its kinda important not to hear a crunch 2 secs before you see it ;)

Mine doesn't lag... at least apart from adding on screen graphics. But the feed seems responsive enough. I concur the QQ has it beat in this department though.

Have you updated your cars firmware?

· Registered
1,302 Posts
Is it me but in the photo bottom right there is a van showing on the left side of the reversing camera yet when you look at it from the top down view it's also on the left side.
Shouldn't the van be showing on opposite sides?

· Registered
63 Posts
That's great and entirely your prerogative. Hopefully garages will perform such upgrades as part of the scheduled service (presuming you'll at least make that effort).
Sorry, I realise it didnt come across quite right.

I have a lease car delivered to my door. I have no dealer and only the service book, nothing regarding ICE etc. I'm not going to be getting any updates or TomTom live any time soon.

· Registered
53 Posts

I have a lease car delivered to my door. I have no dealer and only the service book, nothing regarding ICE etc. I'm not going to be getting any updates or TomTom live any time soon.
I'm having mine as a lease car as well but as I will be living with it for the next 3 years I will be making sure that I get the updates and the TomTom Live service!
I have already downloaded the owners manual as well as the ICE manuals

· Registered
84 Posts

Ok. I have sympathy and Peugeot's current system seems to be an effort to keep their dealerships relevant, when for most it simply exposes their ignorance!

Have you tried writing to Peugeot Customer services? Updates you can carry out yourself. No dealer intervention required. Also I hope Peugeot eventually let customers sign up directly online for these services... But we're wading off topic so I'll stop here!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.