Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm not picking up my GT line until next week, but I have a question about the overhead reversing camera. On the test drives that I've had and on watching youtube videos, there seems to be a grey and black box around the car on overhead view. Is that a glitch or is it supposed to be like that? Seee this video at 15:25 in...

·
Registered
313 Posts
My car builds up the rest of the picture as you start to move...I suppose if you think about it there isn't a camera mounted on the car that can take an actual aerial selfie so it has to render it that way. It's the first camera I've had on a car but I think it works pretty well.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My car builds up the rest of the picture as you start to move...I suppose if you think about it there isn't a camera mounted on the car that can take an actual aerial selfie so it has to render it that way. It's the first camera I've had on a car but I think it works pretty well.
Thanks. I've seen a couple of youtube videos and the same thing has happened with the rendering. Both presenters have reckoned it was odd/not right. I did bring it up with the salesman on the test drive but he wasn't sure himself why it just didn't display a clear all around version.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Cameras are front and rear only, so you get front and rear views in real time when you start reversing. The simulated birds eye view is created as the car moves backwards, and the system fills in the information on screen that was seen by the camera lenses as they passed that point. So, theoretically you could run over next doors cat even if it isn't visible on the screen, because it might have suddenly decided to run under your car after the camera system had processed the image. Cool, but not for cats!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah, I see. I thought that the cameras were all around the car. That explains it. Thanks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The peugeot system works well.

My wife has a Nissan with the 4 camera set up, which has some limitations as there are blind spots close to the car and at 45 degrees from every corner.

The peugeot method allows a full image around the car, albeit with the limitation that it builds the picture as you move.

No system is perfect, but am quite happy with the peugeot solution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts