Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm wiring up a reversing camera that came with my CD player. and was just curious if anyone knows the location of the earthing screw in the boot of Peugeot 307 2004. Have identified the cable for reverse lights but there seems to be only one cable, no ground from what i can see and before i go snipping cables i would like to know if there is an earthing point near it. The camera needs a ground.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
There is usually an earthing point somewhere on the body. A small threaded piece sticking up / out from a panel, likely to have some wires held on with a nut. Should be one near the light cluster

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is a nut and bolt right beside the light cluster, but there are no wires connecting to it, i guess it doesn't really matter what is used as an earth as long as there is one but its just a bit weird to me that the earth for the reverse light isn't in the connector the way the brake lights and indicators are

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
there is a nut and bolt right beside the light cluster, but there are no wires connecting to it, i guess it doesn't really matter what is used as an earth as long as there is one but its just a bit weird to me that the earth for the reverse light isn't in the connector the way the brake lights and indicators are
The reverse light trigger is normally a ground connection from the switch on the gearbox, that is why it does not have a ground connection in the light assembly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts