Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you all.

I have a minor problem but still I am reminded of the problem almost every day.
I have a 407 SW year 2005 with a 2,0 HDi engine.
I don´t know if I need to give you more info about specifiactions on the vehicle now, but I will if that is needed.

I had a fault message that the parking assist did not work anymore.
After a check it stated that one of the rear sensors where broken.
I did order a new rear sensor at the dealer and asked them at the same time if all the rear sensors are the same or if they have different partnumbers and functions.
The answer was that it is the same partnumber for all rear at least on my model.
Now it has been replaced but then same message are displayed in the display(reverse sensors system faulty) , but when they tryed to get the fault codes now it is stating that there is a problem in the vehicle not any of the senors anymore. What could this be ?. Now the car is back at home again since they did not manage to find out what the system is telling them , it is saying that the error is in the compartment, (in the car) , are there anything in the boot ? Maybe someone here at the forum has had the same problem or similar.
Would be great and much appreciated if someone could give me help on this one.
Thank you in advance

Kenneth

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reverse sensors are probably not the problem any longer

Hello

Thanks both: jonh j and Pure Joe.

I will start checking cables from the sensors, I found out now that there is a box(junction box) that is situated right next to the spare wheel in the luggage compartment This one is connected to the rear sensors.

I will start to check each cable here , And I am sorry to say that I did not get what code the system showed the last time, unfortunalety it was nor me who picked it up from the workshop.

I will try to get that fault number anyway.

BR
Kenneth

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello davidireland

Yes the system is factory fitted, and the reverse lights are working.

// Kenneth

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no fault codes detected, still alerts when reverse

Hello again

went today to a workshop (not Peugeot) asking them if they could read out the fault code,since the system says "faulty" every time i put in reverse.

It turned out that they can not find any fault codes at all, not even when we both see the message in the car display "faulty".

The only thing that they can think of, is a cable or connection problems.

Are there anybody here at the forum that has seen this or heard of this kind of problem.

Every comment or idea is welcome

Thank you in advance

// Kenneth

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
everything seems to point to what has already been said...dodgy wire or connections.

you could try and find out which one by disconnecting all the sensors but 1 e.g far left. turn the ignition (not engine) put the car in reverse and see if the fault appears...if not, keep adding the connections until it does...BUT turn off the power by turning the ignition off, to the module to prevent damage to the sensors. if you do get an error on your first one, start from the other side...if you still keep getting them, you may not be able to do this or your module is what we techies call "fucked":rolleyes::lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
reverse sensor problems

Hello John_h

Thank you for your response and answers.

I think that you and what the workshop has already said.

There are some bad connection to something or some damage on a cable somewhere.

There is also the ECU (Bosch) that is connected to the sensors, situated at the spare wheel.

I will start to take the rear down, and try as you said , one by one and test.

This is just the kind of problems / work I dont want, no one is sure of what it can be and there is no logg on what has happend.

But Im very happy to this place on the net , where I can ask or discuss. That I can not do with the workshop.

So once again , thank you for the answer, I will start to check cables and dismount the rear.

// Kenneth

C

·
0 Posts
This may sound daft but there isn't anything covering a sensor or one or more have moved somehow, as the other day I had to move something that hung out of my boot that the sensors picked up all the time when reversing.
Eventually after I'd reversed out of where I was the system was showing a fault because it was picking up what was in my boot all the time. After emptying the boot the fault was still on the display.

D

·
0 Posts
Has the rear bumper been painted lately?
If I was a betting man i'd say the reverse sensors ecu was at fault.
It needs to be read.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello davidireland

Thank you for your answer.

No the rear bumber has not been painted recently.

The new sensor has no colour at all , so now it looks not so good.

Disconnected the ecu today and followed the threads/wires but I did not find anything that looked strange or damaged.

Could not follow all the way out to the sensors due to that Í did not managed to get the rear bumber of today.

Question : If you have changed a sensor as in mine case , do you need to reboot the ecu or do something with the ecu at the dealer. Does it need reprograming after a sensor is replaced ? What are your oppinion in this ?

By the way , CAB ! I did check in my boot if I had something that the sensors could pick up but it is clean except the things that should be there. I changed the reverse lamp even if it worked just to check if the ECU is monitoring a certain resistance, just a wild chance, but no change.

Also thanks for the tip.

Kenneth

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
sods law, it will be damaged at the places where you didnt check.

also dont assume the cable is fine if the outer plastic looks ok. the copper inside could be snapped etc.

best way to check that is to buy yourself a cheap multimeter and carry out resistance checks on both ends. should read around 0.06 anything more means damaged....1 means its bust.

i think your best bet is to take it an auto eletrician to check wires. if they are ok it will be the module.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hello davidireland

Thank you for your answer.

No the rear bumber has not been painted recently.

The new sensor has no colour at all , so now it looks not so good.

Disconnected the ecu today and followed the threads/wires but I did not find anything that looked strange or damaged.

Could not follow all the way out to the sensors due to that Í did not managed to get the rear bumber of today.

Question : If you have changed a sensor as in mine case , do you need to reboot the ecu or do something with the ecu at the dealer. Does it need reprograming after a sensor is replaced ? What are your oppinion in this ?

By the way , CAB ! I did check in my boot if I had something that the sensors could pick up but it is clean except the things that should be there. I changed the reverse lamp even if it worked just to check if the ECU is monitoring a certain resistance, just a wild chance, but no change.

Also thanks for the tip.

Kenneth
Did you sort this mate? As I am having issues also here http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/rear-parking-sensor-fault-70737/

Did you change the controller in the boot?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts