Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys my reverse parking sensors have stopped working, just comes up on LCD display reverse parking assistance faulty! Any ideas on where to start to find the fault? Thanks guys

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi guys my reverse parking sensors have stopped working, just comes up on LCD display reverse parking assistance faulty! Any ideas on where to start to find the fault? Thanks guys
You need a dealer diagnostic to be hopeful in a resolution. However this could be one of the four sensors in the rear of the bumper. They are fragile and even adverse weather can affect them.

I suggest you contact the dealer or a member on this forum who has access to Peugeot Planet 2000 for a diagnostic. Otherwise it would be easy to throw money at parts to cure the situation.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, but none of the sensors work at all surely if it was one of sensors then wouldn't 3 of them work at least? I would imagine there will be some sort of switch when your put it in reverse could it be this maybe?? Thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
Ok thanks, but none of the sensors work at all surely if it was one of sensors then wouldn't 3 of them work at least? I would imagine there will be some sort of switch when your put it in reverse could it be this maybe?? Thanks
No you will find just one faulty sensor is enough to get the warning. I believe that the 207 uses the BSI to reference the reversing so it is unlikely. I would say there is more chance of the parking assistance ECU being faulty.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm sounds more trouble then its worth, think I may just leave it, don't need them anyways i know how to reverse :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
If the error is displayed when put into reverse, it cant be the switch on the gears (also check your reverse light comes on!)
With Planet, it can tell you which sensors is faulty. Mine just says something about the interior sensor??? whats that about! :)
The ECU as far as i know is located in the spare wheel space, but havent confirmed this yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ollie, I had the same problem with my wife's 207 auto. At first the sensors would work intermittently, then stopped altogether.

I was about to book it in to the dealer when I happened to use a pressure washer instead of my usual bucket/sponge/hose to clean the car. Cured!

Although you shouldn't blast the sensors directly, there could be a bit of grit or sand causing the problem.

Mine have been fine for months now. Worth trying before you spend out on diagnostics.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Had the same problem with my sensors on my 407 2005 reg.Took each sensor out as advised on here and spayed with w/d40 but still not working.Had the ECU box thats in the boot apart and sprayed the contacts but still no joy.Looks like i may have to take it to a auto elec or peugeot planet to get it sorted.Let us know how you get on pal.??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine have the same fault. I give the back bumper a good thump and they work for a few days then stop. I think it's a bad connection with one of the them. I know very cold and damp weather plays havoc with them as well. I will get them fixed but don't use Peugeot as they want a fortune. I will use a mobile parking sensor repairer as they just match the paint and replace at a third of the price of Peugeot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts