Peugeot Forums banner

Reverse parking assist fault

6K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  mooi1uk 
#1 ·
This is a new scenario of the fault on the 207 forum as far as I can tell...

Engine on, Radio on and when reverse is selected reverse lamps come on but display does not change from the radio display to the associated image for the reverse parking assist, no beeps etc.

So far I've tested the sensors for clicking/tingling, nothing happening. Sprayed the outer surfaces with WD40 buts that's all.

It's a 2012 SW

Any ideas????

Cheers
:cool:

#2 · (Edited)
This might sound like a stupid question but have you turned them off by mistake? On many Peugeots there is a button on the dash below the steering wheel area somewhere, check with the ignition on that the light on the button is not on, if it is then press it.

#4 · (Edited)
Forgot to add ......no error messages etc.

So, I didn't have a chance to do anything with it yesterday but wife says "it's back to normal now".

Had a read of the Handbook this morning and can't find any reference to an on/off button (I will have a look though), Handbook says it's on and off with the ignition. However there is a note which states "the function is deactivated or activated via the vehicle configuration menu". I can't find how this is done anywhere in the Handbook!!!!

Maybe the weather gremlins have been at play.

:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.